StormFront / Wizard account / Death 07/03/2017 12:49 PM CDT

The last few days, the dern mean roa'ters kept killing my poor wizard. However; it's like almost exactly 1 minute (even if I have the wizard sigh / go to rest mode or keep talking) that I get logged off on that account and have to keep logging back in to drag the body to get raised.

I had set death off

I don't believe this happens on my Falvicar account or I have never noticed it anyway and I don't see anything different.

Any ideas? It's rather annoying and it's frustrating to me since I am overlooking something so I'm hoping it's something simple.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: StormFront / Wizard account / Death 07/03/2017 02:57 PM CDT
Go to options --> advanced and check the settings there.

ASGM Sleken
Re: StormFront / Wizard account / Death 07/04/2017 12:18 PM CDT
A silly question: Disconnect after death is supposed to be checked to stop?

Everything else looks right... delay inactiviety disconnection is checked

Currently it isn't checked but the description is throwing me a little off: "Reduce the time before automatic logoff after death."

Thank you

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: StormFront / Wizard account / Death 07/04/2017 12:52 PM CDT
Once you've disconnected while dead, the timer gets very fast. The flag only has a significant effect on the first disconnection. If you log in while dead, you get booted fast however that flag is set. I suspect that if I lost connection on some of my characters while they were dead I'd find it impossible to get back in again because the game would boot them before SF let me put a command in (1-3 minutes for some of them from the character being in game to SF becoming willing to accept a command)
Re: StormFront / Wizard account / Death 07/04/2017 06:48 PM CDT

it takes 1 to 3 minutes for you to log in? holy...
Re: StormFront / Wizard account / Death 07/05/2017 06:33 AM CDT
Just timed one at 140s worth of the SF logo sitting there with the hourglass logo and I can tell from the messaging that the character was in game for a couple of minutes.
Re: StormFront / Wizard account / Death 07/05/2017 04:29 PM CDT
I suspect it is a combination of using Stormfront and a slower computer.

My experience using Wizard FE with the Lich Quick Game Entry is under 5 seconds to log in.
My wife uses Stormfront with the Lich Quick Game Entry and generally takes around 15-40 seconds to log in (I can see her character in game and interact with her way before she can see anything that is going on from her view).

We both have reasonably fast and identical computer hardware (but not top of the line) and the same very fast internet connection.

Our notebook computer which is very old and slow can take a couple of minutes before it is fully functional after logging in (part of this is due to basic lich tools loading / checking for updates / etc).

-- Robert

* Wizard FE Forever! :-)