Mini ipad and stormfront 07/28/2016 12:05 PM CDT

So, I got a mini iPad as a gift, and while I'm happy to use it for music, I thoughts maybe I could play on it. However, I only get the web connect option which doesn't connect. Am I missing something? Curious if Liche can be installed too, but I don't know if it's possible.
Thank you

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron know at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Mini ipad and stormfront 07/28/2016 12:50 PM CDT
About the only way that comes to mind is to download the remote desktop app for IOS, and play through your home computer. Not sure how well that will pan out.

At the present moment, I don't believe anyone has packaged a build of supporting components for the iOS platform - and since it is supposed to be a closed platform, that would take some doing. It might be easier if the ipad were jail-brake opened, but even then I'm not about to bet on it or recommend it.

Ruby hasn't been ported yet (so no Lich), WINE hasn't been ported yet (so no SFE or Wizard), Avalon isn't ported yet (looking at you, Ixix!) so that's right out. I haven't tested the Java implementations, so its unclear if eScape or the standard web-site could work well enough to try.

So I think remoting in to a desktop remains about the only course available today. Happy to hear otherwise, though!

Doug
Re: Mini ipad and stormfront 07/28/2016 01:24 PM CDT
>Ruby hasn't been ported yet (so no Lich), WINE hasn't been ported yet (so no SFE or Wizard), Avalon isn't ported yet (looking at you, Ixix!) so that's right out. I haven't tested the Java implementations, so its unclear if eScape or the standard web-site could work well enough to try.

Most of these are expressly forbidden in the app store. You can't have an app that downloads or executes arbitrary code (except within limited confines, e.g. downloading new LUA-scripted events for a game).

Furthermore, there is no Java on iOS, and it doesn't even come installed by default on MacOS any more.
Re: Mini ipad and stormfront 07/28/2016 01:59 PM CDT
awww damn.

Well, I got it as a gift to learn a little about Macs at least :-)

Incidentally, the only option that shows is Java.. so no eScape at all.. just java as the option.

So, I'm either going to have code in the blind and it takes forever or try the remote desktop recommendation. I almost wonder if Citrix could host it or not but I doubt anybody would want to foot that bill but I would wager it would work since Citrix can be installed on the iOs. If I hit the lotto, I'll buy it :P

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Mini ipad and stormfront 07/28/2016 03:14 PM CDT
Microsoft Remote Desktop is free and works just fine for a home computer.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092?mt=8