so what happened here? 05/04/2015 10:10 PM CDT
not a complaint by any means, but just curious what happened.

Gesturing haphazardly and with little concern for safety, Anastus's reckless firestormer throws a roiling fireball toward your misshapen chimera! A good, solid attack!
...22 damage!
Through your bond with a hideously misshapen chimera, you sense near certainty that Anastus's reckless firestormer is using the Hare style of combat! The Hare style overpowers Serpent and Crane techniques but is weak against Turtle and Wolf stances. You should switch stances quickly.
>
Anastus commands a reckless firestormer to execute its special attack! A reckless firestormer gestures mystically, and a blazing cloud laden with molten flames swirls into existence overhead. The cloud unleashes a shimmering curtain of liquid flames that rain down on the field of battle, but at the last minute, they turn violently upon their owner!
...57 damage!

Anastus's reckless firestormer lets out a keening death cry! Its form begins to lose cohesion just moments before it collapses completely into ethereal mist. The fog that remains of Anastus's vanquished beast creeps back toward his black runeblade, swirling around it before seeping back inside.

You feel wiser somehow, enriched by the experience of having defeated one of the seven trainers. Or maybe you just like hurting things.
Re: so what happened here? 05/05/2015 11:51 AM CDT
Pretty sure the Reckless Firestormer has a special that does big damage, but with a fairly good chance to backfire on itself... sort of the Russian Roulette of Special Attacks, heh.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: so what happened here? 05/19/2015 11:38 AM CDT
Speaking of oddities, I was curious if this sort of thing was intentional:

You command a flickering black-winged demon to execute its special attack! Screaming, hideous faces roil up beneath the phantasmal flesh of a flickering black-winged demon as it claws at a blossoming mistwood treant, paralyzing the treant with absolute terror.
...26 damage!
A blossoming mistwood treant is caught entirely unaware by the devastating assault!
Your black-winged demon attacks Kolita's mistwood treant! A blossoming mistwood treant dodges the attack by a hair.
A blossoming mistwood treant just stands there, stunned.
A blossoming mistwood treant shakes off the effects of the stun.
Also:
Your black-winged demon attacks Agadash's halfling jeweler! An ancient halfling jeweler desperately parries the attack.
An ancient halfling jeweler just stands there, stunned.
Your black-winged demon raises a claw to the skies, summoning down twisted energies toward Agadash's halfling jeweler! The halfling jeweler dodges the attack just in time.
An ancient halfling jeweler just stands there, stunned.
An ancient halfling jeweler shakes off the effects of the stun.

Seems like even when stunned, creatures can't be commanded but can evade/dodge/parry. I'm guessing that's just inherent part of the system... but just wanted to check!

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: so what happened here? 05/20/2015 11:38 PM CDT
>Seems like even when stunned, creatures can't be commanded but can evade/dodge/parry. I'm guessing that's just inherent part of the system... but just wanted to check!

This is correct.

Auchand

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
Re: so what happened here? 05/23/2015 03:10 PM CDT
>>This is correct.

Ah, excellent! Thanks for the confirmation.

- mia hollow