Can't seem to bind an uncommon 04/30/2015 09:50 AM CDT
I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm just doing it wrong, but I can't get an uncommon. I've tried turning the talisman but it just says that I turn the talisman over in my hands and it still looks the same.

You remove a painted clay talisman.

You focus your thoughts on a painted clay talisman, attempting to align yourself with the spirits floes within the area, and a wash of foreign sensation floods your mind.

You detect the presence of a peculiar spirit lingering in the area.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
>
Everything around you begins to waver and distort in a display of wild heat-shimmers. They make the surrounding world seem a mirage.
>attune talis
You tighten your grip on a painted clay talisman, willing it to attune to the presence of the uncommon painted doll spirit lingering in the area.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>kneel
You kneel down.
>offer talis
There is already a spirit beast inhabiting this portion of a painted clay talisman.
>
You stand back up.
>wear talis
You hang a painted clay talisman around your neck.

You feel less drained.
>

Am I just doing it wrong?
Re: Can't seem to bind an uncommon 04/30/2015 12:08 PM CDT
Did you prepare it with blood? Have to do that again for each tier, too.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Can't seem to bind an uncommon 04/30/2015 12:12 PM CDT
Yes, yes, of course :)

>look at talis

It has been prepared with blood.

A painted clay talisman is currently attuned to a spectral snowy owl of 20 trains, with the following traits:

Power: 140 (above average), modified by 4
Defense: 140 (above average), modified by 10
Speed: 140 (above average)
Insight: 185 (extraordinary)
Accuracy: 155 (high), modified by 1
Health: 125 (moderate), modified by 5

It is attuned to the element of air.

It is a Beast.
>
Jeril just went south.
>turn talis
You turn a painted clay talisman over in your hands.

There is no special messaging when I turn it.
Re: Can't seem to bind an uncommon 04/30/2015 12:14 PM CDT
That may not be it, but just thought I'd rule it out at least.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Can't seem to bind an uncommon 05/02/2015 07:05 AM CDT
You seem to be doing everything correct.

I can't imagine why you aren't able to bind an uncommon. Especially with the particular messaging you're getting, where it says you've already got one, yet clearly don't.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein