Questions 04/18/2015 12:53 PM CDT
So I have my beast up to 17 trains and I was able to make it through all of the weekly trainers with a bit of work.

It appears that the weekly task is attributed to my character, not the talisman. I can hand the talisman to someone else and they can attempt to do all 7 as well. Is this acceptable, or unintentional?

I now have an ingredient for alchemy, is this recipe something that anyone will be able to perform, or will I need to find some alchemy master?

I won an armament that says that it can hide the element that the wearer is attuned to, how does that help me? Are the trainers using my attunement information somehow?
Re: Questions 04/18/2015 08:42 PM CDT
>>It appears that the weekly task is attributed to my character, not the talisman. I can hand the talisman to someone else and they can attempt to do all 7 as well. Is this acceptable, or unintentional? <<

This is probably intentional, but Auchand knows best here.

>>I now have an ingredient for alchemy, is this recipe something that anyone will be able to perform, or will I need to find some alchemy master?<<

My understanding is that the recipe is as-of-yet unreleased. As such, it is unknown if it will require a specific profession, and to what degree their training will have to be.

>>I won an armament that says that it can hide the element that the wearer is attuned to, how does that help me? Are the trainers using my attunement information somehow? <<

Some beasts are attuned to a specific element. This element can be a liability or a benefit depending on if the opposing beast has an element and what it is. Masking that element will negate any downsides as well as any benefits.

The trainers are not using your character's elemental attunement information as far as I know.

There is a lot of information here -- https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Spirit_beast

It may be of benefit to you.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Questions 04/19/2015 01:18 AM CDT
>So I have my beast up to 17 trains and I was able to make it through all of the weekly trainers with a bit of work.

>It appears that the weekly task is attributed to my character, not the talisman. I can hand the talisman to someone else and they can attempt to do all 7 as well. Is this acceptable, or unintentional?

Yes, it's intentional. You can pass off talismans, but honestly it's player skill more than the stats of the beast that determines a lot of fight outcomes. Obviously a level 17 beast is going to give someone an advantage over a level 1, but if you're looking to rent out your beast, there's no problem with that.

>I now have an ingredient for alchemy, is this recipe something that anyone will be able to perform, or will I need to find some alchemy master?

We're waiting on QC for the Spirit Beast-related alchemy recipes.

>I won an armament that says that it can hide the element that the wearer is attuned to, how does that help me? Are the trainers using my attunement information somehow?

Elemental attunement for beasts affects their damage. You basically take away the advantage/disadvantage of attunement with that armament.

Auchand

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”