Spirit Beast Arenas Update 03/24/2015 08:49 PM CDT
I've gone ahead and made a fix to Spirit Beast arenas to prevent some of the abuse and such that has been going on. Going forward, listed fights will now award 15 points for a win, 10 points for a loss. You have 5 fight tokens to spend weekly and will lose one token per loss. We'll try this and see if that helps things get evened out.

Start saving up your radiant bestial soulstones. They're an essential alchemical reagent for Spirit Beast recipes!

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Spirit Beast Arenas Update 03/25/2015 12:16 AM CDT
Awesome.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Spirit Beast Arenas Update 03/25/2015 01:38 AM CDT
Oh, THANK YOU... that Listed Battle scoreboard was a little whack, hehe.

At one point, me and a friend kept battling each other for supremacy (because we're both addicts and neither of us would quit, 'till I had to leave for dinner), and the point total got... out of hand really quick, which I considered problematic. I suspect that's not how the system was intended to function -- or at least, in theory maybe so that you had the beat the "best" to win -- so it's nice to see the potential for other people to grow their totals perhaps independently, without broaching impossible or unattainable numbers. This also led to the problem of the winner potentially being the last person among serious duelists that happen to win, which gave that person even less incentive to challenge anyone else (or risk losing top spot).... so it's super nice to see this change.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Spirit Beast Arenas Update 03/25/2015 02:05 AM CDT
I meant to post something about this earlier, but then Duskruin and RL stuff happened and my weekend got devoured, heh.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Spirit Beast Arenas Update 03/25/2015 01:13 PM CDT
This is an awesome update.

Hopefully people come to compete.

Also, I love the update to blood matches. The rewards feel much more motivating when balanced against the cost of me dying about 50% of the time and losing a deed and getting deathsting. Now blood will probably be my preferred method of training, even though it's less EXP for the beast.

Spiritbeasts4lyfe!

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Spirit Beast Arenas Update 03/25/2015 05:12 PM CDT

Mild suggestion, perhaps put a notification on the Leaderboard as to who won last weeks listed fights?