Listed Fights 03/20/2015 01:35 AM CDT
Listed fights are (obviously) a bit screwy. I may not get to it this week, but I'm going to roll out a new method for determining points, and will be fixing the weirdness with multiple token entries.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Listed Fights 03/20/2015 07:06 AM CDT
Yeah, I think the exponential thing is a little nuts... heh.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Listed Fights 03/20/2015 08:02 AM CDT
Maybe a flat point-based system with a higher number of initial tokens would be an alternative, so that basically (given the 2-1 token loss/win ratio) whoever won the highest percentage of matches with their allotted tokens for the week would be the top of the leaderboard? My concern with the current system is that if the person in the top spot has an insane enough lead, they may not have enough (or any) incentive to battle other people and risk losing their spot (since the winner seems to gain something equivalent to their point total). This makes it more difficult for a new challenger to have a crack at it, since defeating the current leader hinges upon them actually being willing to battle.

I think it's going to be difficult to find a system that doesn't have potential for some kind of abuse, unfortunately... but I'm sure Auchand will come up with something interesting.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow