Spirit Beasts 2.0 Release 03/06/2015 06:16 PM CST
Some avid players of Spirit Beasts have noticed changes to their talismans today. There are quite a few updates as part of the 2.0 release, but the most pertinent one's you'll be seeing right now are:

Clearer Info - Numerical values now exist for all Spirit Beast stats, accompanied by rough values appropriate for in-character discussion.

Combat - It's been rebalanced around recent fight tracking to even out the gaps between certain overperforming and underperforming spirit beasts.

Spirit Beast Armaments - You'll now be able to collect and use armaments for your Spirit Beasts. These come in three different levels: Lesser, Sturdy, and Potent armaments. More powerful armaments can do things like allow your beast access to new skills; all armaments will modify its stats in new and interesting ways. PUT armaments in your talisman to add them, DISARM the talisman to remove them.

Level-matching - You can now FLIP your talisman and it will level match for lower-level beasts. Beasts will gain experience according to their actual levels, meaning that experienced Spirit Beast gladiators can help their friends gain experience more quickly.

Fight Notifications - RUBbing your talisman while it's worn will now tune you in to receive fight notifications as they happen across Elanthia.

New Spirit Beast Elements - Wild Magic (strong against spirit, weak against elements) and Rift Armament (strong against elements, weak against spirit).

New Spirit Beast Special Abilities - Frailty (weak against criticals), Troll's Tenacity (has a chance to struggle for life), and Leech (has a chance to drain health on normal attacks), all acquired through equipment.

Replacement Potions - Tired of your Spirit Beast? No problem! They can now be modified with replacement potions, which will trade out your existing beast with another of the same rarity level. All mechanical enhancements will be maintained. All physical customizations are removed by these.

Classes - Beasts are now sorted into classes: Humanoids, Beasts, Elementals, Arthropods, and Aberrations. This is ultra-important for armaments!

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Spirit Beasts 2.0 Release 03/06/2015 07:06 PM CST

can't wait to play with it next week when I have more time :) congrats on getting it done
Re: Spirit Beasts 2.0 Release 03/06/2015 07:36 PM CST
So... TW special runs? /cough, hint,cough

Also, it seems I need to update my poked-- er, gswiki page with the info so anyone who still has Level 1 creatures, PLEASE email me information so I can get that going.

TW special beasties, yo?

>>I might be down, but I'm not dead. There's better days still up ahead. Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me.
Re: Spirit Beasts 2.0 Release 03/07/2015 01:50 AM CST
These changes are great. This system is great.

Thank you, Auchand.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Spirit Beasts 2.0 Release 03/09/2015 06:09 PM CDT
Yissssss, this is an amazing update. I especially love the ability to battle other beasts at comparable levels, as well as the ability to see where other battles are taking place.

And the armor addition? SO AWESOME.

Basically, I squeee everything about this update.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Troubled Waters Spirit Beasts 03/10/2015 08:23 PM CDT
Any news on these? Still waiting for my December special.

>>I might be down, but I'm not dead. There's better days still up ahead. Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me.
Re: Troubled Waters Spirit Beasts 03/10/2015 11:11 PM CDT
>Any news on these? Still waiting for my December special.

The items for disbursing them are live and they'll be distributed once we have a system together to ensure that everyone gets the correct number that they paid for.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Troubled Waters Spirit Beasts 03/10/2015 11:16 PM CDT

>to ensure that everyone gets the correct number that they paid for.

can you please explain what that means
Re: Troubled Waters Spirit Beasts 03/11/2015 12:39 AM CDT
>can you please explain what that means

People were promised 1 common, 1 uncommon, and 1 rare Spirit Beast as part of their ticket purchase.

They will be receiving the aforementioned 3 for each ticket that they purchased, to do with as they see fit.

Auchand

Re: Troubled Waters Spirit Beasts 03/11/2015 05:37 AM CDT
>>People were promised 1 common, 1 uncommon, and 1 rare Spirit Beast as part of their ticket purchase.<<

Wow, that is super generous. Considering nobody could likely catch an uncommon or rare at the time this was going on.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Troubled Waters Spirit Beasts 03/11/2015 08:14 AM CDT
Will the Plat team be distributing to those who attended our run?

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Troubled Waters Spirit Beasts 03/11/2015 11:46 AM CDT
>Will the Plat team be distributing to those who attended our run?

I haven't forgotten about you guys. :P

Auchand

Re: Spirit Beasts 2.0 Release 03/15/2015 07:07 PM CDT

Hey, I had some issues with the Spirit Beast systems. I tried to capture an Aelotoi Guardsman in a talisman today, and received messaging that described it as successful.

"You hold out your clay talisman and reach out with your mind, calling to the aelotoi guardsman spirit lingering in the area. Sudden warmth draws your attention to your hands, where beads of blood begin welling from the surface of your talisman. The blood rises in a cloud of sanguine mist that illuminates a shrouded form hanging in the air before you. The spirit drifts closer to a colorful clay talisman, its outline glowing as it nears. Golden light spills from the surface of the talisman, consuming the spirit. A thrill of satisfaction echoes up your arm and through your body."

However when I looked in the talisman it appeared empty.

"It's just your average, run-of-the-mill clay talisman that binds the spirits of the dead. Nothing to see here."

When using one of the talismans that has been reprepared with blood - the following shows:

!>invoke tal
You focus your thoughts on a colorful clay talisman, attempting to align yourself with the spirits floes within the area, and a wash of foreign sensation floods your mind.

You detect the presence of a common kiramon spirit.
You detect the presence of a common moulis sapling spirit.
You detect the presence of a common yeti spirit.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
!R>kneel
...wait 12 seconds.
!R>swap
You swap your clay talisman from your right to your left hand.
!>attune tal
You tighten your grip on a colorful clay talisman, willing it to attune to the presence of the kiramon spirit lingering in the area.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
!R>kneel
You kneel down.
!K>swap
You swap your clay talisman from your left to your right hand.
!K>attune tal
You tighten your grip on a colorful clay talisman, willing it to attune to the presence of the moulis sapling spirit lingering in the area.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
!KR>offer talisman
You have already bound a common spirit beast to this talisman.
!K>l talisman
It's just your average, run-of-the-mill clay talisman that binds the spirits of the dead. Nothing to see here.

It has been prepared with blood.

I happened to have two prepared talismans available, so I tried again. After a few attempts I again received successful messaging. However again, no critter. At this point I requested an Assist, and was helped out (I forgot his name, sorry!) but was advised to report it here and await a response and to bug item one of the talismans. During my assist I gave one of the talismans to a friend who right then and there tried to catch something else (as seen above), but received a message that the talisman was already filled with a critter. I went ahead and bugitem'd one of the talismans, and will hope for a response here as well.

Please help?
Re: Spirit Beasts 2.0 Release 03/16/2015 01:41 AM CDT
>Hey, I had some issues with the Spirit Beast systems. I tried to capture an Aelotoi Guardsman in a talisman today, and received messaging that described it as successful.

I'll be glad to make a repair when I can catch you in game!

Auchand