Spirit Beasts Progress 03/04/2015 10:17 PM CST
Hey all,

I know things have been kind of quiet on the Spirit Beasts front of late, but I wanted to keep people abreast. I should have some pretty nifty announcements in the next couple of weeks with regard to this system. Revolutionary, even! Watch this space.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/04/2015 10:46 PM CST
Crossing my fingers for NPC spirit beasts we can battle with to level.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/05/2015 01:16 AM CST
Let me say only that your fingers will not be cramped for long.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/05/2015 07:13 AM CST
Darn it Auchand. I just dropped my wow subscription after dragging myself away from my awful battle pet addiction. Now you're dragging me right back in!

Seriously though this is awesome and I can't wait.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/05/2015 08:07 AM CST

Will alchemy recipes be released for the boost potions?
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/05/2015 09:32 AM CST
Personally hoping for less screen scroll for those not involved.

I literally leave Town Commons, or any other room, when people use spirit beasts.

(Sorry not to rain on the hard work and popularity of these things!)

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/05/2015 03:02 PM CST
>I literally leave Town Commons, or any other room, when people use spirit beasts.

Spirit Beasts don't work in town centers if they (the centers) are properly set up. The room restrictions on fighting with Spirit Beasts are there to prevent battles from being done in very populous rooms that have too much scroll already. That said, the screen scroll may be something I take a look at in version 3, when it comes trundling inexorably down the line.

>Will alchemy recipes be released for the boost potions?

That's the plan.

>Seriously though this is awesome and I can't wait.

I'm pretty excited, too. The upcoming release is a two-parter. Some of the immediate functionality will be out in the next week or so if everything goes smoothly. The other part is good to go, but I'd like to get some extensive internal testing and tweaking done before it's widely released. More info to come.

Auchand

Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/05/2015 11:11 PM CST
>Spirit Beasts don't work in town centers if they (the centers) are properly set up.

Huh, really?

Mind taking a look at River's Rest Town Commons? I'm sure you'll want to chat with GM-Xayle. However, some people are fond of doing spirit beast battling there.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/05/2015 11:48 PM CST
>Mind taking a look at River's Rest Town Commons? I'm sure you'll want to chat with GM-Xayle. However, some people are fond of doing spirit beast battling there.

I see why they're able to and there'll be a restriction in place against the Town Commons once the update is live.

Auchand

Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/06/2015 12:28 AM CST
>I see why they're able to and there'll be a restriction in place against the Town Commons once the update is live.

Thanks very much (at least from me)!

Actually, I felt kind of like a jerk making that post, but I'm glad to see that in fact, it was a legitimate bug report.

Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/06/2015 08:22 AM CST
>> Actually, I felt kind of like a jerk making that post, but I'm glad to see that in fact, it was a legitimate bug report.

But you are still a spirit battle poopy pants. :p

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/06/2015 09:43 AM CST

> Actually, I felt kind of like a jerk making that post, but I'm glad to see that in fact, it was a legitimate bug report

the pokemon will get their revenge
Re: Spirit Beasts Progress 03/06/2015 11:10 AM CST
>the pokemon will get their revenge

did I just hear pika PIKA?