Gotta catch 'em all! 03/04/2015 10:07 PM CST
Welcome to your new home for your spirit beast collection addictions!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/09/2015 05:25 AM CDT
I'm hoping for a certificate to hang in my Secret Base... assuming we ever get TM 94.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/14/2015 07:47 PM CDT
Whoo-hoo! I finally reached level 20 with my beastie! Now to find an uncommon....

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/14/2015 08:19 PM CDT
So, I poured blood on my talisman... it gave a weird message, as it does sometimes, but seems to think it's been prepared with blood.

I found a few spots where it indicates a peculiar spirit, among several others common spirits (which I'd guess indicates an Uncommon?), but after 50+ attempts no sign of anything. My Summoning Lore is 62, but so far no luck. Do I need more Summoning Lore? Or is this a Legendary that I can't reveal yet?

Not much luck so far, but not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/14/2015 08:40 PM CDT
If you sense a peculiar spirit, try attuning.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/14/2015 08:54 PM CDT
Thank you Auchand! I didn't think to try that, as I assumed it maybe had to be identified first and I didn't want to risk attuning to something by accident, heh.

Hmmm... one oddity, however:

You focus while turning a slick obsidian pendant over in your hands, releasing your connection to the hyena spirit while reaching out to the Blackmaw spirit stored within.
A lithe and muscled shape has been etched into the pendant, but the surface is so dark that it is difficult to pick out anything but the barest bestial details.
A slick obsidian pendant is currently attuned to Blackmaw, a modified famished vesperti of 1 train, with the following traits:

You focus while turning a slick obsidian pendant over in your hands, releasing your connection to the famished vesperti spirit while reaching out to the hyena spirit stored within.
A lithe and muscled shape has been etched into the pendant, but the surface is so dark that it is difficult to pick out anything but the barest bestial details.
A slick obsidian pendant is currently attuned to a spectral hyena of 20 trains, with the following traits:

Blackmaw is my altered hyena, I'm guess that this may not be intentional... heh.

- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/14/2015 09:57 PM CDT
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is not normal and that I broke it, hah.

I think perhaps it cloned my hyena's customized data over to the second (Uncommon) slot, and then reverted my hyena back to its default altered state? I'm not positive whether or not the vesperti's (the Uncommon) data is correct or whether it simply cloned a hyena's starting stats, as I have no baseline to compare it to... although it does seem a bit different from the hyena data collated elsewhere on the GSWiki, just similar.

- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 01:03 AM CDT
>I think perhaps it cloned my hyena's customized data over to the second (Uncommon) slot, and then reverted my hyena back to its default altered state? I'm not positive whether or not the vesperti's (the Uncommon) data is correct or whether it simply cloned a hyena's starting stats, as I have no baseline to compare it to... although it does seem a bit different from the hyena data collated elsewhere on the GSWiki, just similar.

I've fixed this, but I'll need to correct your talisman manually.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 02:34 AM CDT
>>I've fixed this, but I'll need to correct your talisman manually.

Excellent! I'm sure I'll be around and in the Arena a lot, hehe.

- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 11:10 AM CDT

So.... I went to capture a glacei in Pinefar, and got the successful message. Yet the pendant remains empty.

You hold out your bronze pendant and reach out with your mind, calling to the glacei spirit lingering in the area. Sudden warmth draws your attention to your hands, where beads of blood begin welling from the surface of your pendant. The blood rises in a cloud of sanguine mist that illuminates a shrouded form hanging in the air before you. The spirit drifts closer to a small bronze pendant, its outline glowing as it nears. Golden light spills from the surface of the pendant, consuming the spirit. A thrill of satisfaction echoes up your arm and through your body.
Roundtime: 19 sec.

It's just your average, run-of-the-mill bronze pendant that binds the spirits of the dead. Nothing to see here.
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 11:48 AM CDT

So... I went and gathered up more blood. It allowed me to pour blood on the pendant, but when I try to invoke it, it says there's a beast already in it. The pendant still shows empty when looked at

You have already bound a common spirit beast to this talisman.
>look pend
It's just your average, run-of-the-mill bronze pendant that binds the spirits of the dead. Nothing to see here.

It has been prepared with blood.
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 12:53 PM CDT
>>>offer pend
>>You hold out your gold pendant and reach out with your mind, calling to the vereri spirit lingering in the area. Sudden warmth draws your attention to your hands, where beads of blood begin welling from the surface of your pendant. The blood rises in a cloud of sanguine mist that illuminates a shrouded form hanging in the air before you. The spirit drifts closer to a small gold pendant, its outline glowing as it nears. Golden light spills from the surface of the pendant, consuming the spirit. A thrill of satisfaction echoes up your arm and through your body.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
R>l pend
>>It's just your average, run-of-the-mill gold pendant that binds the spirits of the dead. Nothing to see here.

I got the same message when trying to bind a vereri on the pendants. I used an EG talisman last night to get a fire elemental and had no issues there with seeing the creature.

>>I might be down, but I'm not dead. There's better days still up ahead. Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me.
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 01:13 PM CDT

I've captured roughly 10 using the pendants, as recently as yesterday. I'm not coding expert, but if I had to take an uneducated guess, I'd pin the the glitch in the fix for the uncommon beast thing.
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 03:48 PM CDT
>I've captured roughly 10 using the pendants, as recently as yesterday. I'm not coding expert, but if I had to take an uneducated guess, I'd pin the the glitch in the fix for the uncommon beast thing.

The lady wins a prize. It's fixed now, though. Headache!

Auchand

Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 03:57 PM CDT

For my prize, I'll take 150,000 simucoins. I can pick them up on Friday. Thanks!
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 04:29 PM CDT
>>The lady wins a prize. It's fixed now, though. Headache!

So... any chance that I can have le vereri put into le pendant I successfully capture or am I going to have to go through it all over again?

>>I might be down, but I'm not dead. There's better days still up ahead. Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me.
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/15/2015 05:18 PM CDT
Awww, poor Auchand... hehe.

Speaking of: thanks so much, Auchand, for fixing my much-cherished Spirit Beast! Now to get onto to training my new pet to 20, so I can hunt down a Legendary! :D

- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/16/2015 02:59 PM CDT
So, I'm about 9 commons short of having all the level 1 stats collected.

When I'm finished, I plan to post it all both here on the officials, and pass it along to someone who can edit the wiki.

To that end, if anyone wants to help me out, I require the following level 1 beasts: Butterfly, Aelotoi Guardsman, Tsark, Cinder Wasp, Aardvark, Pale Crab, Chimera, Krolvin, Pirate (and anything else in RR at common)

Please find Ceyrin in game and show him your level 1 talisman, or just post the stats up here.

Thanks! =)

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/16/2015 03:04 PM CDT

>When I'm finished, I plan to post it all both here on the officials, and pass it along to someone who can edit the wiki.

everyone can edit the wiki

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Spirit_beast_stats
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/16/2015 04:58 PM CDT
To be more clear - someone who can edit the wiki and knows what they're doing (not me).

Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/16/2015 05:24 PM CDT

>To be more clear - someone who can edit the wiki and knows what they're doing (not me).

the spirit beast stats page is being graciously maintained by LTLPRPRINCESS, but I'd like to encourage you to try, it's a great page to learn on. there's not much involved but pasting the template code, which is available on the linked template at the top (and below), and filling in the data.

Specifically:
1. Click on the edit link next to the specific creature. If you need a creature added and don't see how to do it, you can email me.
2. paste this code:

{{Spirbeast
|Beast =
|Power =
|Powerrate =
|Defense =
|Defenserate =
|Speed =
|Speedrate =
|Insight =
|Insightrate =
|Accuracy =
|Accuracyrate =
|Health =
|Healthrate =
|Type =
|SpecialAttack =
|Element =
|Location = }}

3. Fill in respective data after each = (see https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Spirit_beast_stats#fenghai for updated example)

4. Click preview, see how it looks, make any tweaks, preview again if you want

5. Click save
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/18/2015 05:28 AM CDT
Editing the GS wiki was absurdly easy. Thanks for encouraging me to try.

I added about 30 beasts.

There isn't much missing as far as commons go, anymore. I'll probably look to filling in the RR beasts in a few days, as time and convenience permits.

I also put on the main page for spirit beast discussion, that grass snake needs to be added to the list of commons for Ta'Vaalor, so that it can get a listing and then have the stats put in.

I left all the information on the grass snake in the discussion section.

Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/19/2015 12:24 AM CDT
Agreed! Thanks for doing that, as well... great resource of info.

I added my Uncommon as well (and didn't even blow up the Wiki), so let's train up and see some more added soon!

- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/20/2015 01:36 AM CDT
Everything at common but the mire wight and the two (I think) beasts from Troubled Waters are now posted on the GSWiki.

Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/20/2015 08:08 AM CDT
>>Everything at common but the mire wight and the two (I think) beasts from Troubled Waters are now posted on the GSWiki.

Nice!

- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/20/2015 09:45 AM CDT
>Everything at common but the mire wight and the two (I think) beasts from Troubled Waters are now posted on the GSWiki.

Glad you were open to trying it, big help. I started a discussion on having consistent names for the special attacks and welcome all comments.

Please use : before a response (add a : for the next response), and 4 tildes to add your signature at the end.
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/21/2015 12:13 AM CDT
>Glad you were open to trying it, big help. I started a discussion on having consistent names for the special attacks and welcome all comments.

You guys are welcome to come up with your own names, but because I'm a huge RP junky, the Common Specials are:

Primitive Strike: Used by most uncivilized humanoids.
Bestial Fury: Used by beasts.
Rage of the Elements: Default elemental special.
Drain Life: Used by undead.
Sky Rend: Used by birds.
False Security: Used by adorable creatures.
Ambush: This one is really self-explanatory, no?
Swordplay: Used by armed creatures.
Fierce Strike: A generic attack, usually used by uncommons and rares with once-per-battle stuff.
Stampede: Used by hooved creatures.
Stinging Swarm: Used by bugs.
Witchcraft: Drain Life for living beings.
We Are Pack!: Used by wolves.
Catscratch Fever: Used by cats.

Auchand

Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/21/2015 12:16 AM CDT

>We Are Pack!: Used by wolves.

that's much cleaner than the original name I had for it. thanks for the list :)
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/21/2015 04:24 AM CDT
Yay, excellent!

- mia hollow
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/21/2015 08:23 AM CDT

Is there a door in the Landing to the arena?
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/21/2015 01:23 PM CDT
Northwest of North Gate.

Auchand

Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/21/2015 09:37 PM CDT

Auchand -- any general strategy tips?

Just when I think I am getting the hang of these things, I get clobbered in the Blood Matches against the NPC trainers.

I can't decide if the best move, when I am uncertain of the other beast's stance, is to hunker down in guarded and wait for a flash of insight, or to stay in strike, but just switch to any other stance, or change stances in guarded to throw off the other beast...

There are just so many matches where the other trainer seems to know exactly the right thing to do over and over and with my 12 second RTs to manually change stances, even responding with the right insight to its stance is just a form of treading water. Because, oh look, it's switched again...

-E
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/21/2015 09:57 PM CDT

I might be wrong on this, but it seems that when battling trainers, there is no consistent strategy. You have to be flexible based on what you're fighting, and also flexible on how the trainer reacts.

General tips:

*If you're taking substantial damage, you may want to guard, or switch stances (even if you don't know which stance your opponent in, you can choose to risk it. You have a 50/50 chance of being right. This is also what the trainers do)
*Anytime you attack, or get attacked, both you and the trainer have a chance to determine the stance. The trainer can switch instantly, since they don't have to type (This is purely a guess here) so if you get enough energy to attack, it may not be wise to use the special attack immediately, as they may have just switched. I sometimes use it after an attack, and risk it, but most times I'll wait till my beast counters their stance on it's own.

I'm sure there's more, but at the moment, I can't think of them
Re: Gotta catch 'em all! 03/23/2015 09:27 PM CDT

Reply Reply
If you sense a peculiar spirit, try attuning.

Thank You Auchand!

And btw...

You focus while turning a charred clay talisman over in your hands, releasing your connection to the kobold spirit while reaching out to the mournful nymph spirit stored within.
>look talis

A charred clay talisman is currently attuned to a spectral mournful nymph of 1 train, with the following traits:

Power: 97 (pathetic), growing at a measured pace
Defense: 117 (moderate), growing at a measured pace
Speed: 108 (low), growing quickly
Insight: 142 (above average), growing at a measured pace
Accuracy: 108 (low), growing quickly
Health: 107 (low), growing at a measured pace

It is attuned to the element of water.

It is a Humanoid.

It has 450 experience remaining until it reaches level 2.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!