Fusion and the Well Equipped Sorcerer 11/04/2010 03:48 PM CDT
For those who do not know this year's EG features fusion items that basically allow you to customize the enhancives in an item.

All of the items that can be customized as such right now are 4x (but can be enchanted) and if you use a runestaff you really should consider picking up a fusion runestaff, and you could put things like Aura, Spell Aiming, Dexterity, Wisdom, or lore bonuses into it. Or even just mana return.

However... also consider picking up a set of robes. You can place demonology and necromancy lore bonuses into the robes and use them only when doing lore intensive summoning or like making salt crystals. Call them your summoning robes.

In fact, if you also buy the lore enchancives at EG, and then turn them into fusion orbs. Using just a runestaff and robes you can achieve +20 to demonology and +20 to necromany. This is all off the shelf. It would cost you 3-4m.

There are nicer lore enhancives available from players or through playershops, but being able to achieve +20/+20 off the shelf is pretty hot if you ask me.

I also find it a tacit acknowledgement by staff that sorcerer lore is borked that the only lores approved to be sold off the shelf as such, are our lores. A few years ago they also raffled off +15 lore items, I was lucky enough to win the necromancy one, I do not know who owns the demonology one....anyways...

Also at EG at some enhancive apples, which are edible and thus aren't permanent, but for 1k per minute (10k per bite at 10 minutes, 100k for a 10 bite apple) you can gain an additional +5 to both lore. Thus getting +25/+25 just through off the shelf EG items. If you spend that 4ish million silver.
Re: Fusion and the Well Equipped Sorcerer 11/04/2010 05:00 PM CDT
i was under the impression TPTB had decided what enhancive items to allow people to turn into enhancives for fusion, but I didn't see a list of criteria anywhere. any item will work? or what?

~Moredin
Re: Fusion and the Well Equipped Sorcerer 11/04/2010 05:11 PM CDT
almost all items will work.