Planar Rift and Major Demons 09/13/2015 08:03 PM CDT
As much as I love the convenience of being able to use 740 like a gold ring, especially as I just started OTF and would otherwise be running past critters 20 levels on me, I must confess to a slight bit of disappointment every time I succeed

You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Planar Shift...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
With the rune pattern of your destination burned into your memory, a deep understanding of demonic gates, and a bit of hubris, you forgo a summoning circle and daringly tear a planar rift into the air before you. A small shadowy rift begins to take form before your eyes. Suddenly, a flurried black haze slices at you from within the rift.
... 5 points of damage!
Deft slash across chest draws blood!
You take a deep breath.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

So close, maybe next time....
Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 09/14/2015 11:41 PM CDT
I'm a pooper about calling it a gold-ring version at the moment. After all, a simple magical trinket works in the Elemental Confluence, but the (presently) ultimate sorcerer spell doesn't.

Unless that got fixed? I'm fairly sure I had tested it after Coase did some Confluence updates.

As far as my understanding, it needs to work without a runebook, but fail to write in a runebook, and then the implementation should be correct. Which obviously is a specific hack for 740, but it would be appreciated.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 09/16/2015 06:55 PM CDT
I do not understand what your post is about, DAID.
Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 09/21/2015 01:21 PM CDT

gold rings work in the confluence to get all the way out? I'm going to have to try that trick..

and.. Daid it does work without a runebook

Sense pattern (with no book out)

then just incant 740 and you'll pop back to whatever room you sensed in, so long as it's within the standard fog range.. and you don't fail :)
Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 09/27/2015 11:03 AM CDT
Okay. I had tried this right after Coase updated teleportation in the Confluence and it did not seem to be working at that time.

Glad to know it's working now.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 09/27/2015 02:39 PM CDT
Here is a log from May 4th. The teleportation changes were released April 26th.

[Elemental Confluence]
Vibrations undulate through the ground, the charged pulses tearing up dirt and rock and crushing entire swathes of boulders as it travels outward in all directions. Moments later the ground reforms, healing itself as giant stones claw back up to the surface, only to collapse again beneath each additional wave of crippling energy. You also see a point of elemental tranquility.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south
>sign wracking
You shudder as your life force is torn and reshaped!
You feel drained!
>turn ring
You turn the ring on your finger and feel a little pulse in it.
>sense patt
You have difficulty aligning your senses with the mana flows in this area.
>peer e
You peer east and see ...

But, yes I agree now that it works. Here is today:

[Elemental Confluence]
The sky is aglow with the heat and light from a giant raging inferno that rises above the peaks of a rocky mountain range. Ribbons of orange, red, purple, and yellow hues that stretch across the distance are reminiscent of a sunset, albeit an eerie and unnatural one. Heavy shadows are thrown across the craggy hills and rutted ground as the fiery radiance seems to be slowly expanding. You also see a twisting vortex and a point of elemental tranquility.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, southwest
You feel at full magical power again.
You feel less drained.
>sense patt
You attempt to align your senses with the mana flows in this area, managing to see the faint essence of a set of curving multicolored "gy-im-ka-ve" signs imbedded deep within the magic that courses through here. You concentrate intently and burn the rune pattern into your memory.

Note there was never a GM response to my request for this change: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/The%20Elemental%20Confluence%20-%20Hunting%20Area/thread/1705535?get_newest=true

Thus I assumed it had not been altered, hence my initial post. Very happy to see this working now. It's amazing for rescues (as I just discovered).

Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 10/01/2015 02:04 PM CDT
This was an oddly complain-y post considering it's about the implementation of an enhancement you wanted
Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 10/01/2015 08:23 PM CDT
The only part which I complained was one sentence where I said the GMs never replied to the request (even though they fixed it, whether because I said something or not).

The rest is logs and either objective statements or positive statements.

If that bothers you, I will remind you we're in the "Banter" section so I'm liable to do just that.

Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 10/20/2015 08:20 AM CDT
Had the good fortune of defeating a major demon tbis week sunday. After fully dispelling its td rocketed up to 580's! Also, while i was skilled enough to animate it as soon as i took one step i lost connection.
That dark elven spine was not recovered.
Re: Planar Rift and Major Demons 10/21/2015 09:59 PM CDT
>That dark elven spine was not recovered.

No backless gowns for me this season!