Stories from a 4 year old.... 06/30/2012 06:29 PM CDT
Backstory: 2 or so years ago my daughter wanted me to tell her a story so I told her one based on the Solhaven folks. Since then we tell stories all the time before bed.

Characters involved: Fita, Saidear, Raelee, Kilthal, Metadi, Misun, Drigore, Astari, etc... I have explained the characters professions and personalities as best I could to a 4 year old.

Last night: My daughter had a story she wanted to tell me. It started with Prince Daddy and his daddy dress. Raelee, a pink wand with a star on it, full of Pixie dust and her pillow pet. Kilthal and his lute singing songs from the TV show 'Victorious' and Metadi riding a unicorn and carrying his purple sword. There was a lot of giggling throughout the story. By the end, the party had saved the day but the heroine was Raelee with her pillow pet she used as a shield and her pink wind.....

I laughed through the entire thing and thought I should share since it was the most involved story from her yet.

"Oh, and why is there a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms anyway? That makes as much sense as having a Bureau of Coal, Petroleum and Citrus Fruit."
Re: Stories from a 4 year old.... 06/30/2012 07:12 PM CDT

Too adorable!

And in case Kilthal doesn't know what victorious is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvS0inFFDYo

(I have a teenager who watches it)

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Forest Gnomes
Re: Stories from a 4 year old.... 07/01/2012 09:14 AM CDT
<<Metadi riding a unicorn and carrying his purple sword

I love this.

Speaking softly to Raelee, Kilthal says, "Many things would be different if people listened to ye."

Speaking to Kilthal, Raelee says, "Believe me. I am painfully aware of that."
Re: Stories from a 4 year old.... 07/01/2012 10:17 AM CDT

I found the unicorn part amusing as well.

Raelee, bring your pillow pet to Simucon so we can save the world!

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Forest Gnomes
Re: Stories from a 4 year old.... 07/02/2012 10:20 AM CDT
That pillow pet better be a barn owl!

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."