Another happy little survey... 04/25/2012 03:44 PM CDT
You all are being really boring. Thus, I feel it's time for me to post another stupid little survey and make you answer inane questions for my entertainment. I'm sure I've asked some of these questions before, but I don't remember what you said... so it doesn't count:

Go!

1) What is your favorite kind of cheese?

2) If your character lived in the real world, what would his or her hobbies be? Do they have any hobbies right now in game that we don't know about?

3) Which (if any) upcoming summer movies are you most excited for?

4) Does your character have any personal symbols (not including super obvious cultural and/or religious ones)? If so, explain them!

5) Have any existing fictional characters inspired/guided the development of your character? Who? How?

6) Who is your favorite muppet?

7) What are the contents of your ideal burrito?

8) What's the last good book you read? Will I like it? Because I need something new to read...

9) It's time for some horrible fan fiction! You are crossing gemstone with some other unrelated and probably totally illogical franchise. What story are you obnoxiously inserting your character into and what is their role in this?

10) Add a class to the game. It will be added in 2043. What is it? (For the purposes of this survey, Monkeys and Savants already exist.)

11) How would you like to see Solhaven destroyed next?

12) How many other games have you played some version of your GS character in? Did their character creators let you get their hair right?

13) Have any fun summer plans?

14) Share a link to something spiffy and/or awesome. Things that are neato-peachy keen are also acceptable.

15) Are 14 questions enough? Because I'm out of ideas.

Get to work. Your answers are all due ASAP!

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Another happy little survey... 04/25/2012 05:05 PM CDT
St. Andre's. I was told by a really Bubba-looking dude in Kentucky that "St. Andre isn't a brie, because brie is a double creme, while St. Andre is triple." I never felt so humble...

2) If your character lived in the real world, what would his or her hobbies be? Do they have any hobbies right now in game that we don't know about?
Godefroy would very likely closely follow the news. I kind of envision him spending a lot of time reading the 'Times in Central Park.

Does "The Avengers" count as a summer movie?

4) Does your character have any personal symbols (not including super obvious cultural and/or religious ones)? If so, explain them!
Non-religious symbols? Pah!

5) Have any existing fictional characters inspired/guided the development of your character? Who? How?
Godefroy was designed as a melding of B. J. Honeycutt and Father Patrick Mulcahey from MA*SH. I doubt that will surprise anyone.

The Swedish Chef.

Chicken, cilantro, rice, queso, pinto beans, black olives, and chives.

8) What's the last good book you read? Will I like it? Because I need something new to read...
I am presently reading "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" by Douglas Adams. Never got into it before because it starts slow.

9) It's time for some horrible fan fiction! You are crossing gemstone with some other unrelated and probably totally illogical franchise. What story are you obnoxiously inserting your character into and what is their role in this?
Hehehe... I can kind of see Godefroy as a Chaplain in Starship Troopers.

10) Add a class to the game. It will be added in 2043. What is it? (For the purposes of this survey, Monkeys and Savants already exist.)
Psion, an elemental/mental pure hybrid class?

Sub-prime mortgages?

12) How many other games have you played some version of your GS character in? Did their character creators let you get their hair right?
Three, and... sort of?

I wish...

14) Share a link to something spiffy and/or awesome. Things that are neato-peachy keen are also acceptable.
Hmmn... ok. Want to learn to write in Tolkien's Elvish?
http://www.starchamber.com/paracelsus/elvish/elvish-in-ten-minutes.html

No! Prepare more for the next time we get dull!

~Godefroy
Morvule hisses, "Ssssally ssssellssss sssseashellssss by the sssseasssshore."
Re: Another happy little survey... 04/25/2012 06:13 PM CDT
>>I am presently reading "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" by Douglas Adams. Never got into it before because it starts slow.
-- Posted by VT-JSARIA

That is such a great book. I might even think the follow up is even better - The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul.

Balinworn
Re: Another happy little survey... 04/25/2012 07:04 PM CDT
>3) Which (if any) upcoming summer movies are you most excited for?
>Does "The Avengers" count as a summer movie?

The Avengers is not a summer movie. The Avengers is THE summer movie.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings, Salivating in Anticipation

Re: Another happy little survey... 04/26/2012 04:15 AM CDT
Pepperjack.

Criminal Psychologist/interrogator.

THE AVENGERS, obviously!

Nope and Yes.

A lot of characters from "The Night Angel Trilogy" by Brent Weeks have given me great inspiration.

Gonzo

Lots of guacamole and the normal stuff. Also barbacoa beef from Chipotle.

The last great series I've finished was "The Night Angel Trilogy" by Brent Weeks.

Fraggle Rock meets the Mayan Armageddon in 2012. I'm the cause of all the death and destruction in zombie-form.

Avenger

Pirates take over. Loot and pillage everything. All bank accounts are wiped clean before anyone gets a chance to transfer. ;)

Just one other. But features were probably wrong because I never remember them barbie-style.

SimuCon, obviously.

http://mixthatdrink.com/skittles-vodka-tutorial/
^^Tasty and looks awesome with the right frosted flasks.

Nope. You're slacking and only 2/3rd's of the way to 21!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Another happy little survey... 04/26/2012 06:53 AM CDT
>>1) What is your favorite kind of cheese?

Cheddar. So simple, yet so versitle.

>>2) If your character lived in the real world, what would his or her hobbies be? Do they have any hobbies right now in game that we don't know about?

Birdwatching. Party planning... apparently.

>>3) Which (if any) upcoming summer movies are you most excited for?

Ave... wait... Batman.

>>4) Does your character have any personal symbols (not including super obvious cultural and/or religious ones)? If so, explain them!

Yes. The peacock is a true characterization for the mental image of a priest that Ceyrin has in his mind - showy and always looking to attract attention.

>>5) Have any existing fictional characters inspired/guided the development of your character? Who? How?

Yes. Vash the Stampede. When I originally created Ceyrin, I wanted to tap in to the idea of a character that could be light-hearted and even comical at times, while being able to delve deep into a resivoir of pain and personal darkness to push through personal difficulty.

>>6) Who is your favorite muppet?

Statler and Waldorf (I count them as one character).

>>7) What are the contents of your ideal burrito?

Thin strips of medium sirloin, refried pinto beans, cheddar cheese, guacamole, pico, and sour cream.

>>8) What's the last good book you read? Will I like it? Because I need something new to read...

Pathfinder. I doubt it, because I'm so in tune with your taste in books.

>>9) It's time for some horrible fan fiction! You are crossing gemstone with some other unrelated and probably totally illogical franchise. What story are you obnoxiously inserting your character into and what is their role in this?

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal. Duel Carnival, baby! Collecting the NUHMBAZ!

>>10) Add a class to the game. It will be added in 2043. What is it? (For the purposes of this survey, Monkeys and Savants already exist.)

Beaurocrat. You get to advance and gain exp simply by telling others how to play.

>>11) How would you like to see Solhaven destroyed next?

I'm going to have to go with acid rain... truly acid rain slowly melting the city.

>>12) How many other games have you played some version of your GS character in? Did their character creators let you get their hair right?

Zero.

>>13) Have any fun summer plans?

PT Seattle, Washington, though, it's in October. I didn't qualify for PT Barcelona, even if I had I wouldn't have been able to go.

>>14) Share a link to something spiffy and/or awesome. Things that are neato-peachy keen are also acceptable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?index=5&playnext=5&v=TO3AMftaO3w&list=PLBBC6D14C68038586

I swear on my posting privilges it's not inappropriate.

>>15) Are 14 questions enough? Because I'm out of ideas.

I'm not feeling particularly judgmental at the moment.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Another happy little survey... 04/26/2012 08:27 AM CDT
<<The Avengers is not a summer movie. The Avengers is THE summer movie.

Oh boy! I can't wait to see Ralph Fiennes in a bowler again! Hurray Uma!

GM Scribes
Re: Another happy little survey... 04/26/2012 10:07 AM CDT

You all are being really boring. Thus, I feel it's time for me to post another stupid little survey and make you answer inane questions for my entertainment. I'm sure I've asked some of these questions before, but I don't remember what you said... so it doesn't count:

Go!

Going to have to go with colby.

Probably spend a lot of time at the library or a bar.

Avengers and the new G.I.Joe.

4) Does your character have any personal symbols (not including super obvious cultural and/or religious ones)? If so, explain them.
Fox! I originally made him to irritate another guy who had a fox thing going and ended up liking him a lot... My character, I mean.

Japh was originally inspired by Mat from wheel of time, setzer from FF3, and a red haired stow from a stow/berserker forgotten realms series.

Monster!

Rice, black beans, chicken, queso, pico, veggies, and hot sauce.. from pancheros!

Dying Bites by Barant. I like the droll humor of it.

He would be the obnoxious instigator in some random ravenloft book.

No idea. Drake avatar?

Giant rift to shien'tyr sucking it in.

Every elder scrolls I've tried.. and no.

Dorky camping trip with the extended family.

Lamebook.com!

No, I am still here at work and bored bored bored.

Thanks!
Japh.
Re: Another happy little survey... 04/26/2012 08:18 PM CDT
Wow, now I am looking forward to Ralph Fiennes in a bowler, too... that move was so bad, but he looked so dashing
Re: Another happy little survey... 05/01/2012 04:35 PM CDT

String

Philosphy/debate, instruments, hunting, animal watching

Is there any move other than the Avengers?

Daffodil - It was actually given to her, look it up :S

Balsa - fighter + philospher. Whee!

Rizo

Meat, cheese, green peppers, spice

The Manga Guide to Statistics

Vilkea vs. The Time Machine. I can see her going nuts in that scenario...Strangely it reminds me of a current ...nevermind!

Multi-classier. Pick two professions and smush them together. ITs not quite breakfast, its not quite lunch, but .... (See who can finish it first!!)

Inexplicably turned into a desert! I'd feel right at home.

Not her! All the others yes, but this one's unique

Work, possibly visit family

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/mind/triangle1.html

Re: Another happy little survey... 05/04/2012 06:58 AM CDT

Cream cheese. It makes my favorite cake.

Skipping the obvious, I will say wood carving. In game she enjoys (skipping the obvious again) shell collecting. Yes they will become art :)

Guild Wars 2. Wait...what? Okay movie, The Avengers but GW2 still wins.

She has been drawn to cats of late.

Nope. I like to fly by the seat of pants with most characters.

Beaker.

I try to make a burrito but I always end up with a fajita. Spicey chicken and lots of red and yellow peppers.

I read World War Z for the second time. Still love it. Yep.

Divone becomes Sailor Liabo. Her main power include a rainbow paintbrush.

Farmer. You get a small plot of land and you help generate things to forage. Your familiar is a scare crow and you have to runs things off your land with a pitchfork.

Tornado. All player houses end up in a random part of the game.

None. She's an original.

I'm caring for 4 children between the ages of 3 and 8. I'm pretty sure some of that should be fun.

I don't really surf anymore...I've got nothing! All the sites on my computer are photoshop stuff, model stuff or kids stuff. Anybody interested in Ooey Gooey?

Re: Another happy little survey... 05/04/2012 02:50 PM CDT
Guess I could answer my own questions now...

>1) What is your favorite kind of cheese?
Manchego

>2) If your character lived in the real world, what would his or her hobbies be? Do they have any hobbies right now in game that we don't know about?
Raelee does not believe in hobbies. There's only work... and more work.

>3) Which (if any) upcoming summer movies are you most excited for?
I saw Avengers last night. I can die happy now.

>4) Does your character have any personal symbols (not including super obvious cultural and/or religious ones)? If so, explain them!
The number 4, especially 4-pointed stars (one for each element) and scorpions (long story...)

>5) Have any existing fictional characters inspired/guided the development of your character? Who? How?
There's a lot of Sikozu from Farscape with some shades of the X-Men's Emma Frost (in personality... not wardrobe). Maybe Hermione Granger gone Slytherin?

>6) Who is your favorite muppet?
ANIMAL!

>7) What are the contents of your ideal burrito?
Chicken. Rice. Cheese. No beans. Tomato. Salsa. Medium hot. Sour Cream. Guacamole.

>8) What's the last good book you read? Will I like it? Because I need something new to read...
I'm still hung up on Ex-Heroes and Ex-Patriots, eagerly awaiting part 3. But really, the point of this was for YOU people to give me something new to read.

>9) It's time for some horrible fan fiction! You are crossing gemstone with some other unrelated and probably totally illogical franchise. What story are you obnoxiously inserting your character into and what is their role in this?
I think she's an evil magess... a foe for Dr. Strange!

>10) Add a class to the game. It will be added in 2043. What is it? (For the purposes of this survey, Monkeys and Savants already exist.)
Clone trooper.

>11) How would you like to see Solhaven destroyed next?
Once for each element. Fire is up next... and this time, it won't be an accident.

>12) How many other games have you played some version of your GS character in? Did their character creators let you get their hair right?
There's been two Aion Raelees, and a SWTOR Raelee. I tried Skyrim for about 10 minutes, decided I couldn't make an adequate Raelee, and never touched the game again.

>13) Have any fun summer plans?
Just Simucon, I suppose. Most of my plans were spring/fall. More time for more art, if all goes well.

>14) Share a link to something spiffy and/or awesome. Things that are neato-peachy keen are also acceptable.
Why not? http://nothingsgonnastopmenow.com/

>15) Are 14 questions enough? Because I'm out of ideas.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

Re: Another happy little survey... 05/27/2012 09:25 PM CDT

Go!

Mozzarella, wait Brie, wait... Swiss. Oh god. All of them.

RW- Auragin would be a psychiatrist during the day, and she would own and run a bakery at night.
IG- She aspires to become a DreamWalker, but on the nightmare side of it. Her hobbies include explosions and looking for girl clothes.

Avengers. MIB 3. Somehow I do want to see Snow White and the Huntsman. Probably for Hemsworth and all those horses.

I stand with Godefroy on this answer. She is awash with Ronan.

A bit of Helen Magnus, a heavy dash of Neil Gaiman's Sandman Comics' Dream (only in female form).

Kermit

Refried beans, lettuce, turkey meat, cheese, and sour cream.

Non-fiction. The Father of Forensics by Colin Evans. If you are into that kind of thing, you will like it.

Auragin finds Sherlock Holmes and takes him to help interpret the dreams of the Na'vi. There she finds her own unicorn.

Ghosts.

A mermaid rebellion.

One and no. Only Divone has done the hair thing correctly.

I think so. Most involve horses.

thinkgeek.com and all the Simon's Cat videos on YouTube.

Keep going, we can take it!!
Re: Another happy little survey... 05/29/2012 02:04 PM CDT

Extra sharp white cheddar, with horseradish cheddar a close second.

Sereh would read trashy novels on the sly and surf WebMD.com

Right now she is dabbling in drawing and painting, but she is too shy to show most people

Already saw Hunger Games, would like to see MIB3

Well, she is Imaeran all over, and she wears a medical symbol, but right now she is also sporting a lot of silly squirrel stuff in support of L.A.U.G.H. - the goofy MHO Corianne started

Not really, though I must admit that EVERYTHING in my life has been influenced/inspired by Louisa May Alcott's Jo March

Monster

Refried beans, chorizo, and queso blanco

I am revisiting old friends this summer: Janet Evanovich, Tamora Pierce, the Aunt Dimity series, Dresden Files... pure relaxation, if it looks intellectual, I am tossing it out!

Take any Richard Armitage character and add sex.. lots of sex .. Sereh is a happy woman!

Loan Sharks

Stumpy has finally had ENOUGH

All of my characters end up being Sereh, no matter how hard I try to make them otherwise. This leads me to suspect that -I- am really Sereh, but I screwed it up somehow in RL. GS is the closest I have ever gotten to having the hair just right.

Getting enough sleep, finally. And keeping my blood in my veins where it belongs. And my spine going up and down and not side to side. And stuff like that.

http://www.polyvore.com/

15) Money is no object: where will you build your vacation home?

Wales

16) What is your ancestry?

1/2 German, 1/16 Welsh, 1/4 Irish, 1/16 Lenape Native American (or there abouts)