Leave of Absence 01/26/2011 09:19 AM CST
Effective yesterday, I am going on a leave of absence. As some of you may know, in December 2009 I received a major job promotion. This put me in a job that not only requires me to travel roughly 50% of the time, but it took me from a job that I was super over-qualified for (and could do in my sleep) and placed me into one that I would have a massive learning curve on. It was a great show of faith by my company. I thought that without having my master's program on my plate, I would have more time for GS even with the new job. Unfortunately, the job, the crappy hotel internet, the increased responsibility and time, and the fact that my kids this year seemed to have turned their switch from "idling" to "OMG DO EVERYTHING" coupled with the nasty legal battle I'm currently embroiled in with my ex -- all these have made it so the responsibilities of GS, rather than being a nice change of pace and my hobby, are just more responsibilities on an already over-burdened me. Doing GS work no longer is the fun downtime it once was because having deadlines in one more thing in life is something I just can't do right now. I am hoping, however, that after a few months away, and by giving up the CHE and erithi to enthused gurus who are ready to rock and roll, that I will come back recharged and ready to be a valuable part of the GM team again.

I've been having heartache about doing this for the last few months as I've had to admit to myself I must, must, must take a break or risk complete and utter burnout. Not to mention, I keep having difficulties meeting deadlines, and that impacts you, the customer, and that is just not right. You deserve someone who can make things happen in a timely fashion and not be all stressed about it.

My wonderful and talented ASGM, Izzea, will become the interim SGM for the T&C team. You're in great hands with her, and I'm thrilled she was willing to step up to the plate while I duck out and catch a few months' breather and see how I feel. Be excellent to her, please!

Alyias took over the CHE, as was previously announced. We are looking for an erithi guru. I will be overburdening that person with my long-standing kata project and all my notes and ideas for improvements and activities for the race. I don't want things to disappear just because I am ;)

Ebon Gate 2010 people waiting for something from me -- DO NOT DESPAIR! I am making sure you're covered. The lovely Izzea and a few lucky T&C people we're going to corner and beg will be getting these final items wrapped up ASAP and with high priority. I apologize for not being quicker on these. October on wound up being so much busier than I thought, and every time I swore I'd have GS time to knock them out, I either got sidelined with other issues (SGM stuff, questions, a major referral that took up all my time, eight teenagers in my house, insomniac other half, parrots that needed plucking...) or the people I needed to do the work for weren't around. I just plain bit off more than I could chew by raffling off all that stuff that required work on my end. It's not that I don't care or you weren't important -- I just screwed up, and I'm sorry!

Prime Metamorphic: Sgiandhu, Jeria, Phenar, Trisilador
Plat Metamorphic: Myriamie, Arundul, Kairos, Ashelia
Plat briar flare additions: Raidek
Plat briar flare 2-weapon set: Naralin
Prime Perfume: Jeria
Plat Perfume: Issalya
Prime Loresong: Kakoon
Plat Loresong: Nilandia

Being a GM, especially being the T&C SGM, has been amazing. I love it, and I love our customers, and I love our GM team. Walking away, even for a few months on an official LOA, has been a really hard thing to do. I get all weepy when I think about it. I've been playing since 1996, and I met my future other half soon thereafter. We were friends for years until it turned into something more after 2002. For that alone, GS will always be a fond place in my heart. But it's not just that, it's so much more -- YOU are all so much more. When I needed a break from 4 kids under the age of 2, GS and you were there. When I needed a break from a bitter divorce, GS and you were there. When my heart got broken and I needed something to take my mind off it, GS and you were there. When I just needed to unwind after a long day at work, GS and you were there. You make this game incredible, and I'm thrilled to have been a part of both sides of the equation. Thank you.

Keep making Elanthia great! I hope to see you all in a few months when I'm rested and recovered!

--Xynwen--
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"

This message was originally posted in Socializing, Farewells and Returns. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=13&topic=10&message=3270