Now That Fixskill is Back... 05/28/2017 04:07 PM CDT
Last year when I fixskilled, all those nifty new spells and changes hadn't come out yet. So at 40, here's where I stand:

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 20 4
Physical Fitness...................| 141 41
Arcane Symbols.....................| 141 41
Magic Item Use.....................| 182 82
Spell Aiming.......................| 182 82
Harness Power......................| 182 82
Elemental Mana Control.............| 141 41
Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 90 20
Climbing...........................| 114 28
Swimming...........................| 90 20
First Aid..........................| 141 41

Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 36

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 35

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 26

So, some questions I have:
- Am I still sitting pretty with 20 ranks of fire lore, or do I need to increase it?
- With 2x HP, I rarely need to leech. Does it make sense to back off MjE for now, get wizard to 1x, and maybe MnE too?
- Sort of related to the last, which spell circles should I be prioritizing?
- Why is looting at Pinefar so annoying and not really lucrative?

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Now That Fixskill is Back... 05/30/2017 08:22 PM CDT
So, some questions I have:
- Am I still sitting pretty with 20 ranks of fire lore, or do I need to increase it?
- With 2x HP, I rarely need to leech. Does it make sense to back off MjE for now, get wizard to 1x, and maybe MnE too?
- Sort of related to the last, which spell circles should I be prioritizing?
- Why is looting at Pinefar so annoying and not really lucrative?

Ok, I'll run this trap. Keep in mind, though - I'm not necessarily viewed as a 'centrist' in my suggestions. ;)

1) 20 ranks of EL:F isn't bad. But you're missing 20 ranks (-ish) of EL:A, which I wouldn't recommend you go long without. Trust me, you do really want Tonis Bolt. There's also pretty good reason to get some EL:W and EL:E now, ahead of cap. Check out the list of lore improvements and see if anything catches your eye.

2) Keep MnE at level or close up to about 75 or 80 trains. Take MjE to 40 (you'll want 540, too!). Get that over the next 5 levels or so. Split the difference with Wizard ranks. After you get 540, throw all you can into Wizard ranks (every second or third training, get two!). Take Wizards to level plus two. There's no funny math here - just give yourself the leeway to be able to skip it a time or two if something important comes along.

To answer the question directly, though - your bigger mana challenges are still a bit in front of you. So use the next few levels to set yourself up well.

3) The spell lists each have great things, now. Ultimately, if you decide to overtrain, under today's scenario it'll likely be Wizards that draws your attention. I will tell you, though - life isn't hard with an evenly split training wizard. After 476, though - those spells can be better spent elsewhere. For me, personally, if all other training goals are equal, I'd go Wizard, right now.

4) If you're successfully hunting Pinefar (absent the observation about rewards) you really should take a few passes at the Broken Lands. A lot of people avoid that area because it's 'inconvenient to get to'. I say posh, and it is one of the most storied and better designed old areas. But then I'm old, so old things impress me.

Doug
Re: Now That Fixskill is Back... 05/31/2017 01:58 AM CDT
I think my wiz is 68 now and is what I would consider pretty evenly split on training. He's 40 mje, 40 mne, and 64 wiz for spells. I rushed him to 2x hp for level 50 and haven't trained it since then. Lores, I prioritized 20 fire for steam bolt, 20 air for tons bolt, and 20 earth for major acid. I got another 10 air lore to identify flares on items with 405 and 5 water lore to earn mana towards my pool. Once I get wizard to level, I'll focus on getting minor ele up.

As far as hunting I'm hitting Wyneb, open casting tremors and then earthen furying everything. Mana intensive but works extremely well against the humanoids of the temple. Just mana leech when ya need it to. From here I'll go to krag dwellers and bump up my water lore to 25 to get cold crit instead of fire crit for earthen fury. I believe cold hits the krag guys extra hard.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Now That Fixskill is Back... 05/31/2017 06:04 PM CDT
>1) 20 ranks of EL:F isn't bad. But you're missing 20 ranks (-ish) of EL:A, which I wouldn't recommend you go long without. Trust me, you do really want Tonis Bolt. There's also pretty good reason to get some EL:W and EL:E now, ahead of cap. Check out the list of lore improvements and see if anything catches your eye.

Probably! I'm straight fiya! for RP reasons, though.

>2) Keep MnE at level or close up to about 75 or 80 trains. Take MjE to 40 (you'll want 540, too!). Get that over the next 5 levels or so. Split the difference with Wizard ranks. After you get 540, throw all you can into Wizard ranks (every second or third training, get two!). Take Wizards to level plus two. There's no funny math here - just give yourself the leeway to be able to skip it a time or two if something important comes along.

Great, thank you.

>4) If you're successfully hunting Pinefar (absent the observation about rewards) you really should take a few passes at the Broken Lands. A lot of people avoid that area because it's 'inconvenient to get to'. I say posh, and it is one of the most storied and better designed old areas. But then I'm old, so old things impress me.

I've never hunted there! It looks like there's a big range of creatures in a small area. Is that true? Will Minor Steam work on Vruul?
A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Now That Fixskill is Back... 05/31/2017 07:50 PM CDT
>>Will Minor Steam work on Vruul?

Hmm. . . if I'm not mistaken, only an acid wand will work on Vruul. Or at least, used to was. . .

Doug
Re: Now That Fixskill is Back... 06/01/2017 10:57 AM CDT
Blue wands also work on vruul if I'm not mistaken.

~ Methais
Re: Now That Fixskill is Back... 06/01/2017 01:55 PM CDT
Could be, could be.

Excerpt from hunting strategies:

The vruul absorb the energy from Minor Elemental spells and part of Balefire (713). Vruul are immune to heat, vorteces are immune to cold. Vorteces are immune to most sorcery, but they both take damage from unfocused Energy Maelstrom (710).
https://gswiki.play.net/Lesser_vruul

Good lore write up from INIQUITY, too!

Doug