Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/09/2016 03:23 PM CDT
Just a reminder that this exists on both PC and Wiki:
https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Guides_by_Whirlin:_Pure,_Archer,_and_War_Mages_Guide

I have updated it based on my evaluation of ELR... knowing that it's incomplete, I may update it more later upon new releases (Looking at you Esty). I've also included a lore section which justifies my recommendations.

I will advise training paths in this thread should there be any questions, or offer a slightly biased perspective on comparisons, should you need any.
I WILL NOT comment on Stat placements, as stat placements is an incredibly subjective practice based on your own prioritization on TP versus Growth.

~Whirlin
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/11/2016 07:36 AM CDT
I read Whirlin's guide and my cholesterol dropped significantly the very next day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmVnACIwZ4

~ Methais
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/11/2016 01:49 PM CDT

Lots of great info in Whirlin's mage guide. However the Voln symbol of mana info is wrong, cooldown is 5 min. not 3.
Just an elf about town...
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/12/2016 07:26 AM CDT
Symbol of mana is even more worthless than!

~Whirlin
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/12/2016 10:26 AM CDT
>Symbol of mana is even more worthless than!

More worthless than...THAN what!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!/1/1/1/we/ee/d/j

~ Methais
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/13/2016 10:52 PM CDT
Yes, no where near wracking, but when you have lots of favor it can extend the hunt. Symbol of Recall and Symbol of dreams are very useful after a demise.

Just an elf about town...
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/14/2016 11:02 AM CDT
We've had Gm confirmation that 404 Disarm Enhancement helps with aiming ranged weapons. Do you still feel that 402 Presence helps as well?

Chad, player of a few
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 08/16/2016 09:39 PM CDT
402 was debunked by Estild, 404 was confirmed I believe.

~Whirlin
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 12/04/2017 06:52 PM CST

Page was deleted....sad to see it go
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 12/05/2017 08:49 AM CST
I was, too. I hope one day it, or one like it, will return.

Doug
Re: Guides by Whirlin: Pure, Archer, and War Mages Guide 12/07/2017 06:48 AM CST
UGH. That is all.

~Amanda, player of Treeva