Pure Stat Check 07/30/2016 05:09 PM CDT
Hi all,

Returning player here. I'm looking for some feedback on my stats. I'm currently level 7, but am trying to optimize these stats for training points at around level 60-70. I think around there I'll probably want to use a fixstats to optimize for the end game? Seem reasonable?

Here are my stats at level 0:

>info start
Level 0 Stats for **, Halfling Wizard

Strength (STR): 63
Constitution (CON): 50
Dexterity (DEX): 66
Agility (AGI): 70
Discipline (DIS): 71
Aura (AUR): 80
Logic (LOG): 90
Intuition (INT): 59
Wisdom (WIS): 55
Influence (INF): 56

I'm finding the strength to be a little low. What would be a reasonable value there? However, I'd prefer to err on the side of less strength given that he's a pure.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Re: Pure Stat Check 07/30/2016 05:13 PM CDT
Forgot to mention, he'll be joining the society that shall not be named.
Re: Pure Stat Check 07/30/2016 11:17 PM CDT
I wouldn't skimp on strength. As a halfling wizard, you'll gain like... 6 points of STR from level 0 to level 100. Whereas your DEX can grow as much as 51 points from 0 to 100.

Beyond that... if you're going into stat placement anticipating an eventual fixskills for cap, then the decisions for optimization become 100% subjective based on your own observations while playing with the stat crunchers and balancing TP versus Stat Growth.

~Whirlin
Re: Pure Stat Check 07/31/2016 09:59 AM CDT
I dropped INF by 10 and increased STR by the same. This seems to be better.
Re: Pure Stat Check 07/31/2016 02:37 PM CDT
Personally, if I were looking to fixstat at cap, I'd set strength even higher. Its a real pain in the butt to be a halfling with encumbrance. Failing that, buying 30 day encumbrance pots are well worth it.

Just an elf about town...
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/01/2016 07:49 AM CDT
You're going to hate life as a halfling with that low strength.

~ Methais
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/02/2016 12:41 PM CDT
What's a reasonable range for STR for a Halfling wizard?
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/02/2016 12:58 PM CDT
>What's a reasonable range for STR for a Halfling wizard?

If you don't want to live a miserable life, 90+.

~ Methais
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/02/2016 01:06 PM CDT
If you're an existing character starting a new one, consider tracking down armor (or runestaff, cloak, backpack... pretty much anything that you're going to have on "all the time") that are either inherent STRength Enhancives, or have fusion slots that you can stock with good STRength Enhancive orbs.

Remember that CONstitution also plays into carrying capacity (by affecting your body weight).

And, of course, get Strength/509 as soon as you can. :)
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/03/2016 09:45 PM CDT
>What's a reasonable range for STR for a Halfling wizard?

I would start it anywhere between 94 and 94, inclusive.
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/04/2016 01:31 PM CDT
Okay, thanks for all the replies everyone. I've got one fixstat left and the clock is ticking down. This is where I'm at now:

STR: 90
CON: 50
DEX: 65
AGL: 60
DIS: 71
AUR: 80
LOG: 87
INT: 56
WIS: 56
INF: 45

This gets me 10 spirit points at level 33 (significant due to society choice). Level 33 doesn't seem too far off.

Just to recap, character is a pure, planning on fixstating around level 60-70.

I'm wondering if I should increase discipline to aid experience acquisition. Not sure where I could shave points off though.

Anyone have any last thoughts?
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/08/2016 02:14 PM CDT
How about DEX? Is it worth sacrificing mental TPs to max out the DEX bonus early? I've heard that Rapid Fire was nerfed, so maybe the DEX bonus isn't as big of a deal as it used to be?
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/08/2016 02:33 PM CDT
Dex is absolutely vital to the bolting (pure) wizard, as the bonus adds to the AS of the attack.

That said, for a halfling, Dex is also a fast-growing stat. I've seen Dex for halflings (at level 0) set to as low as 49, with the intent that just as you reach cap, that becomes a 100. In your case, with the planned fixstat in your future (would recommend around 80 to cap and be well prepared, as you will likely lose a few training points in the conversion), I think you'll be very happy with 65 as a stat.

I would not recommend Dex being a trade off stat for a pure wizard for almost any reason, and I think you're in a good spot.

Doug
Re: Pure Stat Check 08/15/2016 07:43 PM CDT

>You're going to hate life as a halfling with that low strength.

I DID hate life as a halfling with that low strength.

Thank god for fixstats potions.