Halfling Wizard 05/25/2016 03:56 PM CDT
Ok, guys. Using a fixstat on a level 49 Halfling Wizard. Before using the fixstats I just created a new one in the character manager and plugged in these numbers using the stat calculator. STR is important because he's a packrat and carries around a lot of crap, encumbrance is a huge issue. That's important to him from a RP perspective. Not sure how much TP loss or gain he will get, but we'll work that out with the fixskills that comes with fixstats. Not worried about min/max, if he caps and gets a couple of million extra experience we can look into another fixstats, this is maximized (I think) for about 50-60ish, where he is now. Thoughts? Comments? Any glaring errors? BTW, he's a pure caster, fire attuned.

Attribute Value
Strength 80
Constitution 40
Dexterity 75
Agility 58
Discipline 70
Aura 75
Logic 70
Intuition 65
Wisdom 77
Influence 50
Re: Halfling Wizard 05/26/2016 09:52 AM CDT
I'm pretty sure CON contributes to encumbrance - but other than that, I think you're ok.

Doug
Re: Halfling Wizard 05/26/2016 11:43 AM CDT
Yup. Con and Str contribute equally to your body weight. Str also determines what fraction of your body weight you carry.

Con goes quickly for halflings, at least, so it won't be terrible, but it's still definitely not optimal for encumbrance. And that 80 Str will barely grow at all; a halfling wizard has to set their level 0 Str to 94 for it to reach 100 by cap.

Beyond that, I really don't know what to tell you. You'll make a wizard with better encumbrance but still some definite issues, who's really good in the short term and will peak quickly. You'll want to use another fixstat later. If that fits your budget, go for it.
Re: Halfling Wizard 06/04/2016 01:43 PM CDT
My halfling sorcerer split the tank between INF (88) and CON (89) when he used a fixstat (the rest are 100 now). I think for the most part, the considerations for a sorcerer and wizard would be generally similar, though the numbers input to get perfect stats would naturally be quite different. I think a wizard will desire a similarly high Wisdom just for the spiritual TD, even if it doesn't affect their CS.

I'm aware a lot of professions drop their tank all into INF. This is mostly fine, but it does affect some systems, and I didn't want to overly gimp myself if/when mental TD becomes a thing. Halflings already have a -5 INF bonus. CON is essentially the least attractive physical attribute for a pure in my mind. Sure it gives natural padding, but a pure doesn't want to be hit. The encumbrance issue is relevant, but okay we cannot have perfect 100s across the board. I reasoned that with a halfling's +10 bonus to the stat, sitting at a +29 was still above average for systems that use bonus instead of stat.

Someone can go ahead and make the calculations, but I don't see the starting weight formula on gswiki so I will neglect that. My intuition is that something on the order of +10 CON stat is relatively negligible for the final encumbrace -- probably something on the order of a single small statue or a few wands.

Despite my halfling not being a wizard, hopefully the general commonality of being a pure makes this information useful enough in your decision (if my post is not too late).

If you don't plan to do any enchanting (??!!) then you may consider INT as not a particularly strong option, either. Though for me, I'm glad I maxed that now that it factors in to Confluence movement RTs. A wizard who planned to hunt there needs to care even moreso, as wizards can only single-train in Survival.