CMan/Shield suggestions approaching cap 06/13/2018 03:54 PM CDT
Warrior human, OHB/Shield Thinking of going to finish deflection mastery for shield and no clue what to do with CMans….cman focus?

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Specialization I wspec1 5
Weapon Bonding bonding 5
Surge of Strength surge 5
Parry Mastery pmastery 3
Block Mastery bmastery 3
Tainted Bond tainted 1
Griffin's Voice griffin 3

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 10

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Tower Shield Focus tfocus 5
Shield Bash bash 5
Shield Charge charge 2
Prop Up prop 3
Shield Spike Focus spikefocus 2
Shield Spike Mastery spikemastery 2
Deflection Training dtraining 3
Deflection Mastery dmastery 3
Protective Wall pwall 2
Shield Trample trample 5
Shield Trample Mastery tmastery 2

Available Shield Training Points: 3

GBB
Re: CMan/Shield suggestions approaching cap 07/05/2018 06:06 AM CDT

I like CMAN focus and would put it ahead of the fourth and fifth ranks of wspec. 4 points of generic TD is a 4% chance to not get warded at all. But +4 attack strength is just a slight increase in damage, since we easily hit what we swing at. You only need rank 3 for your weapon bond.

My 2 cents
Re: CMan/Shield suggestions approaching cap 07/05/2018 06:29 AM CDT
I like shield strike and shield strike mastery on my paladin. The mastery spec gives you a free shield strike at the end of every focused mstrike. If you have a flaring shield I think it helps.

I also have shield forward which bumps up your DS after every shield maneuver. I have a constant little DS bump with all the free shield strikes from a focused mstrike and using shield bash.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.
Re: CMan/Shield suggestions approaching cap 07/05/2018 09:04 AM CDT
I haven't tried shield strike, but I have been preaching shield trample and trample mastery for a while. It's great for crowd control.

Additionally, at cap you're going to be maxed out in shield use, so your effectiveness is going to be pretty high.