Next CMAN/Armor Steps 03/01/2017 09:54 PM CST
(Talked about this on lnet earlier. Thanks to those who shared!)

So, here's what I currently have. I 2x CMAN:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Specialization I wspec1 3
Weapon Bonding bonding 5
Surge of Strength surge 4
Parry Mastery pmastery 1
Stance of the Mongoose mongoose 1

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 6

I was thinking about maxing out pmastery, then maxing out mongoose. I do enjoy having surge (and when I eventually get around to doing warcamps, every little bit will help). Should I consider taking that down to 3 ranks to free up some points, or just proceed from where I am?

Also someone told me about armor reinforcement, which I hadn't thought of. I had been going straight support. Any thoughts there?

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Next CMAN/Armor Steps 03/01/2017 10:47 PM CST
<<I was thinking about maxing out pmastery, then maxing out mongoose.>>

I use Disarming Presence myself, though I've considered getting Mongoose for when going up against things that don't have weapons. I always figured it was better to leave a foe without a weapon then to risk and attack failing to stun them. If you don't use a shield, it's a moot point though.

<Also someone told me about armor reinforcement, which I hadn't thought of. I had been going straight support. Any thoughts there?>

I've always hard Reinforcement since my warrior's a giant and I figured her encumbrance didn't need much help. Even a small chance of wounds not stacking seemed preferable to me.

Unfortunately, I've never noticed a message that indicates it's prevented a wound from stacking, but I do seem to have slightly fewer bleeders over all then I should. I haven't made it in with her since the changes were made to get an impression see if it's any more noticeable, though.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Next CMAN/Armor Steps 03/02/2017 06:06 AM CST
A rank of mobility?

Surge I rate as all or one. If you use it a lot, get the lot, otherwise stay at one rank.

Getting more ranks in your main Stance should be a fairly high priority.

Reinforcement might fit with mongoose. (Since you'll be stuck in swarms rather longer before you can retreat and will have rather more chance to stack as a result)