Bond/Wspec Bows on a warrior? 07/25/2016 11:33 PM CDT

How does this work or not work? I wspec1 for arrows if i want to use any of the bows or bolts if i want to use any of the crossbows...but can I bond with either?

GBB
Re: Bond/Wspec Bows on a warrior? 07/26/2016 05:28 AM CDT
It should be technically possible but incredibly tedious to bond to an arrow. I suspect its not possible to bond a bow if you can't wspec it. I'd get a hurling toy if you want a ranged attack as a warrior.
Re: Bond/Wspec Bows on a warrior? 07/26/2016 09:17 PM CDT
My thoughts with this are along the same lines as Rathboner. It might be technically possible to bond with an arrow/bolt... but, unless you intend on using it as a melee weapon rather then shooting it, you'll eventually lose your bonded weapon when it flies off into the distance.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Bond/Wspec Bows on a warrior? 08/15/2016 12:50 PM CDT
Not to pile on, but if you do decide to go hurling instead of ranged, most of the bonding bonuses don't work with hurling, but you will get AS and CMAN bonus, plus disarm return.

You can bond to any weapon by holding it in your off hand and using UAC to get your kills. You don't have to make the kill with what you're bonding to, it just has to be in hand at the time of the kill. So yes, you could bond to a bow or to an arrow, but it is indeed tedious.

Kerl
Re: Bond/Wspec Bows on a warrior? 08/15/2016 01:03 PM CDT
<So yes, you could bond to a bow or to an arrow, but it is indeed tedious.>

Bonding requires you to have three ranks in Specialization for the weapon type of the weapon you want to bond with. Since you can't specialize in bows or crossbows, it shouldn't be possible to bond with them. Arrows are fair game, though I don't know why any but a Zelian would want to....

This whole thread does have me thinking about getting my rogue training in OHE as a post-cap goal just so he can thrust his arrows into the eyes of orcs like Legolas, though.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.