Cmans: what do I need? 05/04/2016 03:23 PM CDT
Curious how I should spend these available cman points. Also wondering if training in anything specific might help defend against bandit cmans. Appreciate the help.

Lvl 76 Giant Warrior

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Combat Movement cmovement 3
Combat Focus focus 3
Mighty Blow mblow 2
Specialization I wspec1 3
Weapon Bonding bonding 5
Combat Mobility mobility 2
Combat Toughness toughness 3
Surge of Strength surge 1
Executioner's Stance executioner 3

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 22
Re: Cmans: what do I need? 05/04/2016 04:34 PM CDT
Since you specifically mention bandits and Cmans you should look into cunning defense. With 22 Cman points you could get rank 5 Cdef and 1 rank of subdual strike for a big jump in defense.
Re: Cmans: what do I need? 05/05/2016 05:20 AM CDT
Whichever bandit manoevers cause you the most problems, get a rank or two of them. The first rank will do the most for you and is also the cheapest so it pays to spread the points around when getting manoevers for defensive reasons. You can't train away open rolls though so you need the gear/spells/tactics to allow you to survive when a bandit gets a 250 CML roll and its friends follow up with THW quadstrikes.

I have two subdual strike and two cunning defense ranks for bandit defense. (plus guild skills and shield bash for other reasons but they are also pretty useful defensively).

You are always going to get RT locked by open rolls, but look for the manoevers which are giving you problems on lower rolls and train against them.

I wear a flaring, crush resistant helm, slash resistant aventail, and crit padded leg greaves which all provide additional protection/retaliation against bandit manoevers. You might find Mongoose useful as a THW user, but shield users shouldn't touch retaliation stances, though there is lots of useful anti bandit stuff in shield manoevers.
Re: Cmans: what do I need? 05/05/2016 11:20 PM CDT
>Whichever bandit manoevers cause you the most problems, get a rank or two of them.

Warriors can't train cheapshots, subdue, or sweep. Just subdual strike.
Re: Cmans: what do I need? 05/05/2016 11:42 PM CDT
Cunning defense 5 is a must have of all warriors, like 3x PT is. After that you just berserk or mstrike bandits then collect your money.

-Geijon
Re: Cmans: what do I need? 05/06/2016 06:49 AM CDT
>Warriors can't train cheapshots, subdue, or sweep. Just subdual strike.

Subdual strike is the only one of those that is a threat. You wouldn't need to train the others even if you could. (subdue is dangerous on an open roll but training wouldn't change that even if you could train it)
Re: Cmans: what do I need? 05/06/2016 12:59 PM CDT
Thanks folks. Got 5 ranks of cdef. :)