New THW ( Been away roughly 12 years ) 10/22/2015 06:26 PM CDT
So long story short after asking for some advice from others I decided to go with a Two Handed Warrior... Since my GS3 days I've never had a character of 15th level(GS3) and that was a 1 OHE/Shield warrior and I never even started the warriors guild at that time or any of the additional skills, so I am floundering a bit here with long planning and strategy.

So Things I want to do:

1. Join / Master Voln ( I used to enjoy hunting undead around the landing )
2. Since it is what I know best I will stick with the landing for now.
3. I enjoy elves which I am a Vaalor Elf

I am looking for stat confirmation advice from others and ideas... remember I know very little about the warrior armor training, and combat men, or the warriors guild. So please mind my ignorance.

My Setup this far:
>info start
Level 0 Stats for Quilinisti, Elf Warrior

Strength (STR): 64
Constitution (CON): 94
Dexterity (DEX): 44
Agility (AGI): 44
Discipline (DIS): 84
Aura (AUR): 54
Logic (LOG): 94
Intuition (INT): 54
Wisdom (WIS): 84
Influence (INF): 44

Quilinisti (at level 3), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 58 12
Combat Maneuvers...................| 40 8
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 40 8
Ambush.............................| 20 4
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 20 4
Physical Fitness...................| 40 8
Dodging............................| 25 5
Survival...........................| 20 4
Perception.........................| 20 4
Climbing...........................| 10 2
Swimming...........................| 15 3
First Aid..........................| 20 4
Trading............................| 20 4

As I said looking for advice... and whether I am on the right track...
Re: New THW ( Been away roughly 12 years ) 10/22/2015 06:39 PM CDT
Looks to be on the right track to me on the skills. Did you check your stats for growth because those look like first 30 days for absorption. Outside of naming yourself after the dragonlance nation you seem to be on your way. :)

-Geijon
Re: New THW ( Been away roughly 12 years ) 10/22/2015 06:44 PM CDT
Thank you for your reply. As for stats.... well... they may very well be wrong. I got them from here... http://cmnservicesgroup.com/lostranger/a-growth-gs4.php ... using the stats growth listed and etc... I took the calculators suggestion.... is it maybe out of date?
Re: New THW ( Been away roughly 12 years ) 10/23/2015 06:40 AM CDT
From https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/List_of_statistic_growth_rates#Elf

The minimum stat setting that gets each stat to 100 at cap is

STR 49 CON 73 DEX 49 AGI 58 DIS 82 AUR 73 LOG 88 INT 73 WIS 82 INF 68 Total 695

Unless a stat is really important, I wouldn't set it higher than these values. STR definitely counts as really important, I'm not sure anything else does.

You have to find 35 to take away from the least important stats plus any extra you want on the most important ones. Also at least one of the ones over 70 has to come down to 70 and I'd rate INT the least important of those. I'd probably take points from AUR INT and INF, I'd add some to STR and possibly some to AGI if I wanted a faster swing sooner (you start out with just enough AGIDEX for 2s reduction) and leave the rest at the minimum to hit 100 at cap.

For first 30 days you can put physical stats and LOG a lot higher and other mental stats a lot lower, but I'd save a couple changes for checking just how low you are happy with setting STR and AGI towards the end of the time.
Re: New THW ( Been away roughly 12 years ) 10/23/2015 01:14 PM CDT
I wanted to say welcome back to Gemstone! My question for you is what is your long term goal for your warrior?

I only ask because if you are placing your stats to max out at cap (level 100) then Rathboner's advice is spot on. I also play a two handed Elf warrior and I didn't place her stats for long term goals. I placed them to make her more fun and viable for myself at lower levels. Her being able to swing her claidhmore in 5 seconds and ambush in 6 seconds was a big deal to me. But I also plan on changing her stats around when she gets closer to level 100.

As far as advice on skills I'd advise you to 2x Dodge, alternate between Climbing and Swimming, and when you have the points to get ranks of Magic Item Use and Arcane Symbols. Both have been valuable for my character in reading scrolls and self casting spells, plus they help in the amount of spells you can have on you in spellburst hunting areas. https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Spellburst

Another important addition to the game that helps squares out is Redux: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Redux

I won't even try to explain how it works so I added the link above. I'm sure someone else with more experience can pipe in if I missed anything.

-'Chelle, Mistytwilight's muse.
Re: New THW ( Been away roughly 12 years ) 10/23/2015 06:57 PM CDT
Well to be honest. I haven't really thought that far ahead as I do not have any real experience to draw upon. I just know that THW sounded interesting, and I was thinking of doing Voln as I've done some of it before. I've never been over 15th level. So no clue how the game operates past there.

It's easy enough for me to switch up the training a little, and training in spells and such is no issue at all. I appreciate all the help and advice I can get. As even though I had played on and off for years. The things that really drove me away were... lack of player interaction... and being really unsatisfied with the build as I had absolutely no clue what I was doing and didn't ask anyone. Now I'm trying to get idea's so that doesn't happen.

I had setup the character for growth. Thinking I had the right formula... but guessed I would reach out for some help.

Thank you for the info on redux and spellburst... checking those out now...
Re: New THW ( Been away roughly 12 years ) 10/23/2015 09:37 PM CDT
I liked your training into 40th really. You would figure out some of the whatevers on tp. The stat statement got elaborated nicely.