Need some help! Fixskills 08/10/2015 01:03 PM CDT
Hey everyone. Just returning from a few year hiatus...need some help fixing my skills. Can anyone help? I'm looking to switch to 2HE...

Senolen (at level 20), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 163 63
Shield Use.........................| 122 31
Combat Maneuvers...................| 128 34
Edged Weapons......................| 145 45
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 143 43
Ambush.............................| 90 20
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 90 20
Physical Fitness...................| 124 32
Dodging............................| 25 5
Magic Item Use.....................| 70 15
Harness Power......................| 30 6
Survival...........................| 90 20
Climbing...........................| 82 18
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 90 20
Training Points: 0 Phy 8 Mnt (112 Mnt converted to Phy)
Re: Need some help! Fixskills 08/10/2015 03:33 PM CDT
Harness power I imagine is for GoS. I think I'd take MOC from 20 to 15 and increase your CM to 2x. Rank benefits on MOC are at 30 and 35 ranks. (https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/MOC)

Based on the dodge ranks with two-handed weapons that seems to be your secondary style. Shield use is going to give you SHIELD cmans so training there could be upped.

Physical fitness should extend into 3x eventually, but it's less noticeable sub-mid 40s as a benefit.

How do you like to play as a style? Nothing about your training is going to cause you problems as is.
Re: Need some help! Fixskills 08/10/2015 03:55 PM CDT
I guess I am asking if I should get rid of 1HE and SHIELD use if I'm going to be going 2 handers.

If I get rid of 1he and shield, I would have quite a bit of extra points that can be used elsewhere.
Re: Need some help! Fixskills 08/10/2015 03:56 PM CDT
I am unsure why I chose BOTH 1he and shields...I currently have a 4x heavy crit weighted Katana and am using some 4x brigandine armor.
Re: Need some help! Fixskills 08/10/2015 09:13 PM CDT
I don't have any katana users myself. But if I recall correctly, Katanas are grippable weapons; you can use it one handed with a shield. Hence, shield and OHE training would make sense in that case. I also believe that you need both OHE and THW training to use a katana in that way.

Weapon skills for warriors are cheap, and many do train in two different types of attack form.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Need some help! Fixskills 08/10/2015 09:18 PM CDT
That having been said, I probably wouldn't use a katana even if trained that way. Slashing damage is not as good as crush or puncture, and the katana's weighting is nowhere near as heavy as a claidh.

If I were trained in both THW and OHE use and wanted to use a THW, I'd go for a magic metal claidh, and for an OHE/shield combo, use something like a fel-hander waraxe.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Need some help! Fixskills 08/11/2015 09:35 AM CDT
>I am unsure why I chose BOTH 1he and shields...I currently have a 4x heavy crit weighted Katana and am using some 4x brigandine armor.

Katanas have an option to use 1-handed which requires OHE training, and if you were going to make use of that option you'd either have shield or TWC depending on what you were intending to use in your left hand.

Another 3 levels of tripling armor and you can, and should, get into plate. You could be in chain now, but you'd be ready for plate so soon that I doubt its worth it.

You'll need more dodge if your basic stance is THW rather than OHE/shield.
Re: Need some help! Fixskills 08/11/2015 11:34 PM CDT
One correction: To use a katana as an OHE, you need both OHE and THW training.

- Metadi
Speaking to Hadya, you scold, "Ye Luukosians and your altared realities."