Thoughts, please! 03/12/2015 07:24 PM CDT
Hello Brothers and Sisters. I am back after a long break and was wondering if my training would still be productive.
I am currently at 57 trainings and a master of Voln and The Guild (Tackle, Warcry & Berserk) working on disarm.
My current training
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 250 150 150
Combat Maneuvers...................| 218 118 118
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 218 118 118
Ambush.............................| 120 30 30
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 160 60 60
Physical Fitness...................| 275 175 175
Dodging............................| 212 112 112
Perception.........................| 149 49.050 40 22 hours, 37 minutes
Climbing...........................| 102 24 24
Swimming...........................| 50 10 10
I normally hunt from the open take legs, arms or whatever I fancy.
Now, I have noticed a handful of warriors swinging big chunks of metal as I am and also carrying shields (I have never even thought to do this) I assume this means for the DS bonus when holding their ground.
- Would it be helpful to add a shield?
- What about my near 3x in PS? Is this overkill?
- I am wearing full plate and I believe 150 still fixes the RT and Cman penalty
- Would survival help in the mountains etc... Or will it only get me more skinning Bounties?
- Would Trade help get gem jobs?
Thank you for your input!
Re: Thoughts, please! 03/12/2015 07:27 PM CDT

Sorry forgot
- What about adding Brawl, with the current Voln changes?
- Oh and is my dodging overkill? Pretty expensive
Re: Thoughts, please! 03/12/2015 09:08 PM CDT
I wouldn't pick up a shield now, unless I wanted a one handed weapon option too, but there are fancy games you can play if you do.
3x PF probably is overkill. Sunfist might want the extra stamina but Voln probably sticks at 2x.
130 ranks reduces penalties to baseline, 150 allows full support, 180/230/280 reduce action penalties below the normal minimum as well as gicing points for other armor skills. 150 would be the thing for now if you were training support, but you'd want to pick up more ranks at some later point for the other benefits.
Survival will help in the mountains etc. To avoid skinning bounties keep the sum of survival and dirst aid below half your level. i.e. with no first aid at level 57 you can train 28 ranks survival before you start getting skinning bounties.
training doesn't affect any other bounties you can get
Voln changes made brawl less desirable, if you didn't want it before its unlikely you want it now.
Dodge is high end for THW, but I wouldn't regard it as overkill. If you wanted points for something else you could probably trim it.

If you do get brawl for Voln, get qstrike too. Smite is too slow to use without it unless you are setting the undead up for someone else. Feint/mstrike is almost always going to be a better option.
Re: Thoughts, please! 03/13/2015 06:17 AM CDT

Thank you for the input. Most helpful!
Re: Thoughts, please! 03/13/2015 08:59 AM CDT
When my warrior was a THW user I also trained 2x shield use for shield trample to great effect. Even shield trample and one rank of trample mastery allows you to knock over 3 critters which is plenty.

You wont be able to offensively use your THW without stowing your shield but having it out doesnt seem to reduce shield maneuver effectiveness. Also, I would stay at 2x dodging as your core THW training since it is your main defense.
Re: Thoughts, please! 03/13/2015 08:32 PM CDT

Thank you hadn't thought along the cman lines with a shield.
Re: Thoughts, please! 03/14/2015 02:26 PM CDT

Clunk is pretty much a rock with the shield and cman skills.

Shields skils are: Prop Up, Bulwark, Guard Master, Tortoise Stance, Protective Wall, and Phalanx.
Cman is Block Master.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)