Armor abilities 12/15/2014 10:40 AM CST
Had support while young, wanted to try something else, so tried the crush protection. Don't care for it. Doesn't last long enough, and there's a cost associated. So that leaves reinforcement. From a mechanical standpoint, would I be better off with reinforcement or just go back to support since I'm assuming that helps with Cmans when I'm loaded down?

A red-hulled airship stained in tears crashes into Solhaven with a "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound.
Re: Armor abilities 12/15/2014 01:05 PM CST
Support is useful most often if you hunt to the point of loading down. It is generally the most requested by others as well.

Reinforcement is the one I had first and I wish it was better but it just doesn't activate enough or on all types of attacks that can cause damage (no spells or manuevers).

As you get older you can know one of the crush/slash/puncture resistances as well as support or reinforcement. In capped areas, slash & puncture can be a lifesaver.
Re: Armor abilities 12/15/2014 01:54 PM CST
Until you come up against Illoke, there's no reason to have anything but support in my reckoning. However, I reckon to avoid wound stacking by chomping herbs after every action in which I get scratched, if you are in the habit of always saving wounds for an empath, you might prefer reinforcement.

Once you've been fisted by an Illoke, your opinion of the value of crush resistance may change.
Re: Armor abilities 12/15/2014 02:25 PM CST
<Once you've been fisted by an Illoke>

I inwardly guffaw every time
Re: Armor abilities 12/15/2014 07:41 PM CST
Thanks folks.

A red-hulled airship stained in tears crashes into Solhaven with a "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound.