Weapon bonding 09/30/2014 12:06 AM CDT
Is the multistrike feature of weapon bonding supposed to allow more then two swings at a critter? I've had it go off many, many times over the years, but never had it swing more then one extra time until a little while ago:

>atta
You swing a dusk blue vultite morning-star at a hisskra warrior!
AS: +278 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +54 = +269
... and hit for 106 points of damage!
Blow cracks a rib and punctures a lung.
Breathing becomes a challenge.

You feel your vultite morning-star straining back towards your foe! Taking advantage of this, you manage to effortlessly reverse your momentum and strike again!

You swing your vultite morning-star at a hisskra warrior, but the weapon glances harmlessly off of thick plates that protect the warrior!

You feel your vultite morning-star straining back towards your foe! Taking advantage of this, you manage to effortlessly reverse your momentum and strike again!

You swing a dusk blue vultite morning-star at a hisskra warrior!
AS: +278 vs DS: +92 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +37 = +255
... and hit for 63 points of damage!
Whoosh! Several ribs driven into lungs.
The hisskra warrior's pale eyes fade as he loses his grip on life.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Weapon bonding 09/30/2014 12:40 AM CDT
It is not.

It looks like the kisskra creature has some special ability (never hunted them). Since it is not a hit, evade, block, or parry it is skipping their deflection and going again.

I'm not sure if that is a bug or feature ;)
Re: Weapon bonding 09/30/2014 06:26 PM CDT
<It looks like the kisskra creature has some special ability (never hunted them). Since it is not a hit, evade, block, or parry it is skipping their deflection and going again.>

Yer, hisskra's skin can prevent weapons from harming them, sometimes making yer weapon fall to the ground. With MSTRIKE it counts as one of your swings when their skin prevents a hit and no extra swings are given... hopefully it's considered a feature that bonding seems give an extra swing when their skin prevents one from connecting (though it does kind of make me wonder what would have happened had my weapon ended up on the ground).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Weapon bonding 10/01/2014 05:24 AM CDT
>(though it does kind of make me wonder what would have happened had my weapon ended up on the ground)

effortlessly reverse its momentum and thwack the hisskra on its way back to your hand?