Water walking v swimming 04/14/2017 04:21 AM CDT
Can I dump 30 ranks of swimming as a level 49 sorc because I have access to 112. I can't think of any placebos hunted with a lvl 60 character that required swimming ranks. I'm assuming that later in the game there are places which must use the swimming skill to access

Re: Water walking v swimming 04/14/2017 04:42 AM CDT
You might want to keep some swimming if you intend on hunting in Darkstone. I know you need to swim to get into the dungeon, but I'm not sure if the swimming skill factors into it or not.

RR is the only other place I know of until around level 80 that you'd need swimming, and 112 works just fine there to get across the bay so long as you have enough Climbing to pass that check. There are a couple rooms in various hunting grounds you won't be able to enter without some swimming skill (a pair of rooms in the Keep, for example), even with 112... but they aren't anything more then interesting spots to visit.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Water walking v swimming 04/14/2017 05:00 AM CDT
Yeah that's what I was thinking. We've got that fixed skills coming up and I'm looking at ways to optimize my sorcerer. That's interesting about darkstone. I'll have to get the maps out and see if there's anything there I need to swim to or want to swim to