Hopefully my last newbie post! 03/09/2016 01:53 PM CST
Things have been going just great, but unfortunately my final days to reset stats/skills is nearing by... So I am wondering if you all can give me a little bit of advice...

Question 1) When I do my last stat change, should I aim for a build that has every stat at 100? What does the classic sorcerer do...? I really don't want to have to spend $200 down the road to change the stats around.

Question 2) What skills/spells? I have read many new pure sorcerer guides and it is confusing. This is what I am currently doing (level 15)

Armor Use..........................| 20 4
Physical Fitness...................| 78 17
Arcane Symbols.....................| 78 17
Magic Item Use.....................| 78 17
Spell Aiming.......................| 128 34
Harness Power......................| 78 17
Elemental Mana Control.............| 78 17
Spirit Mana Control................| 78 17
Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 58 12
Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| 25 5
Perception.........................| 78 17

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 15

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 3

Spell Lists
Sorcerer...........................| 19

I am fine with full leathers, I really want to keep x2 spell aiming. I read that the standard is to stop demonic lore 58 and then change to necro lore.... Do you just continue necro for life? Or do you go back to demon eventually..? Whirlins guide suggesting multiple opponent training? So much information and I'm getting close to the end... Any advice is really appreciated thanks! Not looking to reinvent the wheel, I just want a primary CS based sorcerer with the option to switch to target magic if needed. Any advice would be awesome thank you all! Oh and just FYI, I am a non-elf mastered in CoL.
Re: Hopefully my last newbie post! 03/09/2016 02:54 PM CST
<Question 1) When I do my last stat change, should I aim for a build that has every stat at 100? What does the classic sorcerer do...? I really don't want to have to spend $200 down the road to change the stats around.>

If you're absolutely certain you'll be playing this character through to cap no matter what, it may be worth setting STATs so as many of them as possible reach 100 (it's not possible to have every stat at 100 without a major investment in enhansives). Otherwise, you'll probably be much happier setting some of the more important STATs to reach 100 earlier at the expense of some of the less important ones never reaching 100. Either way, if you do adventurer guild tasks the whole way up and don't spend the points on the way, you should be able to get a STAT reset potion at or soon after cap without spending any RL money.

<Question 2) What skills/spells? I have read many new pure sorcerer guides and it is confusing. This is what I am currently doing (level 15)>

There's nothing horribly wrong, but there is one thing that I personally would do different and a couple points to remember:

-Necromancy is most effective if you 1x in it. There are some perks to having fewer ranks, but the big reasons for training in it (711, for example) are MUCH more useful if you are 1x

-Don't stop training in PF once your HPs max out. You'll be grateful you kept going in it once you get to critters that use maneuvers against you.

-Most perks granted by Demonology are threshold based, so it's not necessary to train in it every level. If you need TPs to get more ranks in something else, you won't be missing out if you put this on pause for a couple levels between thresholds to get what you need then catch back up later.

-Look at where you'll likely be hunting in the next 20-30 levels and see if you'll need either Swimming or Climbing to get into them (or benefit in some other way from those skills in those areas). For example, of this character were based in RR, you'd want either 15 ranks in climbing or 12ish ranks in swimming by level 30 to get across Maelstrom Bay. It's better to get what you'll need a bit before you're ready to hunt in areas that require the training then be forced to wait for the TPs to get the ranks.

Starchitin

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Hopefully my last newbie post! 03/09/2016 03:17 PM CST
Awesome information, thank you so much for explaining. I am getting more and more confident by the day!
Re: Hopefully my last newbie post! 03/10/2016 03:51 AM CST
>-Necromancy is most effective if you 1x in it. There are some perks to having fewer ranks, but the big reasons for training in it (711, for example) are MUCH more useful if you are 1x

My necromancy near cap is still around 0.3x, partly for Pain and partly for Ensorcell. For my case, I didn't start hunting with Pain until around level 70. Of course, more lore will be better, but one has to budget the training as well.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Hopefully my last newbie post! 03/10/2016 10:40 AM CST
<My necromancy near cap is still around 0.3x, partly for Pain and partly for Ensorcell. For my case, I didn't start hunting with Pain until around level 70. Of course, more lore will be better, but one has to budget the training as well.>

I didn't start using 711 extensively until the late 50s with swordsmen (though I did use it occasionally in the Keep). Prior to that, 701 saved my arse more times then I can count in every hunting area that had critters that couldn't tend (there is absolutely no reason a sorcerer should ever die from blood-loss in the Karazja Jungle...crits are another story).

Outside those spells, I'll agree the argument to 1x does become less compelling, esp since Necro and Demon lores are a lot more equal then they used to be with the benefits they give. Looking over the lore benefits we didn't have when I was in the lower levels, I can see how having more Demon lore would be attractive to a lower level character that still uses 706 as their main disabler. So, in the end it does depend on which benefits are more attractive to the player and their style of hunting.... but I still wouldn't give up my 1x in Necro unless something big changed.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.