Gone a while. Training suggestions? 02/10/2015 10:04 PM CST
Thanks in advance!

skill
Alberist (at level 46), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 90 20
Arcane Symbols.....................| 146 46
Magic Item Use.....................| 146 46
Spell Aiming.......................| 192 92
Harness Power......................| 146 46
Elemental Mana Control.............| 146 46
Spirit Mana Control................| 146 46
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 146 46
Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 146 46
Perception.........................| 146 46
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 35 7

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 31

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 29

Spell Lists
Sorcerer...........................| 47

I use a runestaff, I'm in Teras, any recommended hunting grounds?
Re: Gone a while. Training suggestions? 02/10/2015 10:30 PM CST
For a long time the standard advice for pures was to train in Physical Fitness until you max out your HP then stop. Since then, it's been discovered that it actually plays a much bigger role in defense against many maneuver attacks then most players had thought. If you can spare the TPs to get it up to 1x, I'd recommend doing so. Maneuvers will always the the bane of sorcerers existence, but it should help quite a bit (and you're right at that range where they're going to start being a problem, if they aren't already).

Other then that, I don't really see any issues. For spells I'd go ahead and get one more Minor spiritual since yer so close to 130 already, then focus on the 700's until you have your level +20 spells in that circle. Then keep it at 20 spells above your level while getting more ranks in the two minor circles to boost various spells in them (I'd suggest focusing on MnE first for the added benefits to 425)

I can't help much with Teras hunting grounds.... but if you like a challenge, you're welcome to travel to the Rest and try hunting in the Keep.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Gone a while. Training suggestions? 02/11/2015 07:35 AM CST
I hunted Zhelas on Teras pretty much all the way through Fire Mages before I had to leave because of the level gap.

Make Friends with an empath.
Have Deeds.

Sand Devils pretty much will be destroyed by 719. They used to swarm like CRAZY and I used ewave imbedded rods to keep them on their backsides.
Pyros are pretty easy.. Just remove their right arm so they will drop the club so they can't perform the Glaes Shard maneuver against you.
Thraks.... crowd control.
AVOID wasp nests... I was never sure when it was safe to attack these blasted things... One used to be able to cast 718 on them move away.. have the spell destroy the nest, then move back to the room and loot it for the orb. Not sure if that works anymore.
DON'T search the skyals, unless there is a cleric and empath nearby. The hearts are cursed and WILL burn you to death.
Kiramen Workers and Defenders are fairly easy.
Lava Golems have a lava blob maneuver that will pretty much destroy you however with the right hunting tactics they are easy.
Fire Elementals are not search able. Have a major fire ewave.
Wind Wraiths were implode fodder. They were poor as dirt because all of the Volners hunted them. Make sure you collect the heroism vials that collect in the basin.
Soul Golems are immune to magic.
Fire Sprites can cast fire cloud. However they are easily stunned.
Fire Mages..718 move one room away. Let the spell kill the mage... move back in and loot.. profit. However this will give you no credit on bounties.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Gone a while. Training suggestions? 02/11/2015 10:15 AM CST
We'll hopefully have a preliminary beginner's guide out for the gswiki contest in a week or two! I'll save my thoughts for that...

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: Gone a while. Training suggestions? 02/12/2015 07:27 AM CST
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm hunting kiramon defenders currently since they're the same level. There's really no risk involved, and they drop pricy gems constantly. It's also helping me get used to hunting again.

Should I rearrange my spell training at all to have more sorcerer base training's?
Re: Gone a while. Training suggestions? 02/12/2015 09:58 AM CST
Should I rearrange my spell training at all to have more sorcerer base training's?
Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 31

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 29

Spell Lists
Sorcerer...........................| 47

The answer to that question is really a personal preference.

If you feel that you are not able to ward creatures on a decent basis then yes changes should be made.

The recommendation that is typically passed around is to get 20 Sorcerer ranks above your current level. So you are 46 therefore folks would recommend 66 ranks. Is that necessary? No but it will help. Remember you can use heavy quartz orbs for 10 bonus points to your CS. Any more Ranks passed that when you are pre cap will yield diminishing returns.

Minor Elemental Ranks will help give you bonuses to spell 425. That will eventually Max out at 73 ranks.

Minor Spiritual Spells do help some but I had Zhelas stop at 30 ranks initially so I could bump up his Sorcerer Ranks and Minor Elemental ranks. At Cap he had 40 ranks in this spot.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Gone a while. Training suggestions? 02/12/2015 11:40 AM CST
I've only gotten a quick start on the gswiki guide today (it's here https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/A_beginner%27s_guide_to_playing_a_sorcerer), and it probably won't quite help you until I finish the part on skills (maybe 1/3 complete so far).

My only question is training 1x in Spritual Lore, Summoning. It offers some nice benefits to sorcery (I'm particularly fond of 20 ranks to unlock web bolt), but at around level 50, being at 46 ranks seems excessive. Even for bolt-casting, your demonology should cover crowd control with 713. I think you could safely drop this down a bit to free some points. Check either here https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Spiritual_Lore,_Summoning and/or here https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Lore_chart to be sure you are getting the benefits from this skill as you want.

If you want it partly for the magic ranks, you can drop 26 ranks (0/7 x 26 = 0/182) and trade it for 2x in Arcane Symbols (0/4 x 46 = 184), slightly increasing your runestaff DS and making Scroll Infusion (714) very powerful.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!