The Triple Spells Question 02/04/2015 10:03 AM CST
With 3x spells, a typical build would choose a distribution allowing for max CS/DS/TD/AS like:

162 Sorc/73 MnE/68 MnS

But I understand it's possible to achieve max CS with:

170 Sorc/69 MnE/64 MnS

The sacrifices are obvious. Here's the question: would the 8 additional sorcerer spells make enough of a difference with 735 and focused 720 to be worth it?
Re: The Triple Spells Question 02/05/2015 12:29 AM CST
>The sacrifices are obvious.

Just in case they aren't...

You'll lose a little DS from 102, 120, and 430. Also, 425 won't give as much bolt AS to you, either. There is the futher factor of MnE ranks on 403/404 and 407/408 (assuming I read the documentation correctly).

These are definitely things my sorcerer cares about. He's been stopped at 100 ranks of Sorcerer Base and cranking up MnE ranks for the last few levels. He's still pre-cap, but that's the approach I'm taking at present.

But, I know getting in to boxes and bolting are not things many sorcerers seem to care that much about.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: The Triple Spells Question 02/05/2015 08:49 PM CST
>But, I know getting in to boxes and bolting are not things many sorcerers seem to care that much about.

Huge amounts of spell AS can be added with outside spells; lots of sorcerers enjoy taking advantage of that opportunity. It's satisfying to throw down with the big numbers and CS doesn't provide the same thrills.

The benefit of 6 MnE spells for opening boxes is even more ambiguous than the benefit of 8 sorcerer spells to focused 720 and 735. I suspect most sorcerers use 704 and 125 to open boxes even though you lose a little silver, burn scrolls, and don't receive any xp for doing so.

I don't think we know enough to answer the question in my original post. It might be one of the most interesting mechanical questions for sorcerers even if we admit it's riding on the coattails of 735's terra incognita.