Level 25 hunting grounds 12/28/2014 01:47 PM CST
Any advice? Currently fighting Warfarers. Wouldn't mind traveling away from landing.
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 03:49 AM CST

I advise checking out Krakii. I'll even link the relevant section for ya:

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Category:Creatures_by_Level

I could recommend a few things but I think it would help you more long-term if you learn to do it yourself! Teach a man to fish and all that.

Or, you can do it the way I prefer, and peruse the maps until you find an area that looks interesting:

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/List_of_maps

(also keep in mind that what's easy for one class is difficult for another and vice-versa so w/o more info it would be hard to give you the best advice)
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 05:49 AM CST
<Any advice? Currently fighting Warfarers. Wouldn't mind traveling away from landing. >

If you want a challenge, the Jungle in RR will take you through level 30... jungle troll chieftains will prolly be a bit too tough for you to take on just yet, but the other critter there should be doable. Do you're homework about it before just heading out there though, it's definitely not a place where you can just go in and start blasting away without paying attention.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 08:34 AM CST
When my lower level sorcerer gets to 25 in a few days, I am going to try zombies and spectral monks. Maybe reivers. Move elsewhere for a few levels if that is wrong.

Krakiipedia is invaluable. I have not trusted my "old" intuition since discovering, the hard way, that nedum vereri have a -40 TD pushdown.

- Xorus' player

The gypsy fortuneteller smiles at you and whispers, "I know many things unseen."

>ask fortuneteller about things unseen

The fortuneteller gives you a strange look.
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 10:07 AM CST

Had my first Jungle experiance. Vines are worse than webs! I've been using maelstrom on Warfarers for so long, I've become a statue in the pocket (football reference).
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 10:49 AM CST
<<Had my first Jungle experiance. Vines are worse than webs!>>

Heh, yea.... vines contributed to more of my deaths in the Jungle then anything else. I had the chieftain's spell prep messaging highlighted and either hit them with 703 or left the room when I saw it (706 works too, but you don't get the TD pushdown with it that 703 has). On the plus side, they make decent targets for 719 if you have the mana to cast it.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 02:26 PM CST

First time hunting trolls as a warder. 705 seems to hit hard, just wish I could get more crits. Bleeding these guys to death is eating all my mana.
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 03:36 PM CST
Yer, I was hoarding every bone and twisted wand I found when I was hunting jungle trolls.

Starchitin

Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 04:25 PM CST

Makes me reconsider my lack of skinning skills being here. But it's a blast to hunt. 701 every snake and cat and I'm regenerating like a troll.
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/29/2014 04:47 PM CST
<<701 every snake and cat and I'm regenerating like a troll.>>

One thing I should probably mention, there's a Ranger companion available in RR that's a "black panther". So if you see one roaming around, don't attack it thinking it's a "dark panther". Not usually a problem in the jungle since most rangers have moves across the bay by the time they get the spell, but I've come close to accidentally attacking companions on accident a couple times.

Starchitin

Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 12/30/2014 07:19 AM CST
Anyone who attacks the Black Panthers had the retribution coming to them.

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 01/06/2015 08:59 AM CST
Unless the companion attacks you first you won't be able to attack it anyways.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 01/10/2015 05:18 PM CST
For the jungle, i think i just used 702. Run from vines if you see them. If there is a crowd be careful of the vipers as they spit and such. Dont go near chiefs until you have a couple more levels. The jungle for a caster is rather easy.

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 01/11/2015 02:48 AM CST
We should be giving much worse hunting advice for the jungle. It's like the only practical use of my 1x/day 225 scroll in RR, pretty much.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: Level 25 hunting grounds 01/18/2015 07:44 PM CST
Stop by the Commons and ask Mags for a spell up. He enjoys the Jungle, so you might get a hunting partner to absorb some of those attacks.

Magarven the Mad