Spell training. 08/20/2013 08:51 AM CDT
Back from a long hiatus and looking for help with my spell training. Currently at 44.

Minor Elemental....................| 35

Minor Spiritual....................| 24

Sorcerer...........................| 45

Just wondering where I should go from here. I try and 3x in spells as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Spell training. 08/20/2013 09:08 AM CDT
Since you're so close already, you might as well get another rank in MnS to get Call Lightning, after that it depends on how happy you are with your CS. If you're happy with it and aren't in Voln, you can keep going in MnS to get 130 which is usually more convenient then 740 for getting back to town (esp if you have a group or are running a rescue). If you don't care about 130 or are having a hard time hitting critters with CS spells, you can start working on getting your level +20 ranks in the Sorcerer Circle.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Spell training. 08/21/2013 12:27 PM CDT
You don't want to stop at +20 ranks, it is either +19 or +21, most go with +21. Reason being this, at 19 ranks you get 14.25 CS which rounds to 15, at 20 ranks you get 15 , at 21 ranks you get 15.5 which rounds to 16. Any training beyond +21 ranks over you want to stop at odd ranks over because they'll continue to round up, i.e. +23, +25, +27 ect all the way to +61 over.
Re: Spell training. 08/21/2013 12:41 PM CDT
Or you could stay 1x in sorcerer spells and use all those TPs for ancillary skills, such as other spell circles, lores, magical skills, etc. It just depends on what's important to you. You don't have to over-train the sorcerer circle to be viable, at least not prior to capping. It's an option, not a foregone conclusion.

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Spell training. 08/23/2013 05:37 PM CDT
>Or you could stay 1x in sorcerer spells and use all those TPs for ancillary skills, such as other spell circles, lores, magical skills, etc. It just depends on what's important to you. You don't have to over-train the sorcerer circle to be viable, at least not prior to capping. It's an option, not a foregone conclusion.

I'm inclined to agree. pre-cap if you go past 2.5x in spells you are going to be horribly lacking in some other core skills...you'd have to share the rest of your skills for advice beyond that.