Help with training please! 01/07/2017 06:12 PM CST
Hey all,

When I first created my rogue, she was sword and board, until about last year I switched her over to dual daggers--I kinda winged the training so I wanted to get advice now about it. Also, I have recently joined GoS and am wondering if there is more beneficial training/cmans to hit multiple targets. She's currently in hauberk. The survival training and silent strike are mostly RP purposes.

Two Weapon Combat..................| 268 168
Armor Use..........................| 160 60
Combat Maneuvers...................| 224 126
Edged Weapons......................| 271 168
Ambush.............................| 218 84
Physical Fitness...................| 226 126
Dodging............................| 268 168
Arcane Symbols.....................| 120 30
Magic Item Use.....................| 105 25
Harness Power......................| 70 15
Survival...........................| 142 42
Disarming Traps....................| 268 168
Picking Locks......................| 268 168
Stalking and Hiding................| 268 168
Perception.........................| 268 168
Climbing...........................| 130 35
Swimming...........................| 130 35

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Shadow Mastery smastery 5
Silent Strike silentstrike 4
Specialization I wspec1 5
Combat Mobility mobility 2
Vanish vanish 3

Thanks in advance
~Kayse's figment of her imagination.

Some townspeople wander by, looking twice at Kayse and Rowmi, shaking their heads, then wandering off.
Re: Help with training please! 01/07/2017 10:50 PM CST
There's prolly not much you can do training wise and what you have looks decent (I'm assuming you didn't include your spell training or I'd question the HP ranks). If you have the TPs to get some MoC to help with force on force when you're caught in the open, you could also use it occasionally for unfocused MSTRIKEs.... but with two daggers it would prolly just get you killed. The CMAN Whirling Dervish is a martial stance that will give you a chance to swing the second weapon at a different critter if the first weapon kills your target, though I'm not sure how useful it is.

You'd prolly be better off to consider your tactics. Trolls will be rough since they heal AND are too tall to aim for the eyes without legging first (giants won't be much easier for the second reason). The orcs should be manageable if you can stay away from the warrior types, make good use of VANISH, have your timing down, pay attention to your stamina, and aren't to stubborn to leave the room/camp when you're getting overwhelmed.

Starchitin

PS If you'd asked before joining GoS, my advice would have been: Don't join.

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Help with training please! 01/08/2017 05:07 AM CST
60 ranks armor is too low for hauberk. (80 to train off manoever, 70 to train off RT penalties, or stick to AsG 15)

Dervish is the Cman that allows a bit of extra ambush on multiple foes for a TWC user, but you need MOC ranks as a pre-req. You'll also need MOC if you want to attack several foes by Mstrike (probably not a good idea with daggers). It's a lot of TPs to get right now but I suspect you'd want Dervish eventually.

The other way to use a CMan on swarms is Divert for isolating one out of a swarm (e.g. peer east, cman divert critter east, sneak east, ambush) There's things about divert that restricted its usability for me (halflings take a penalty on it and it doesn't work on flyers) though so I although I trained it up, I got rid of most of it again.

1x ambush seems low but as long as you get enough pushdown on what you hunt to make it work, its fine.
Re: Help with training please! 01/08/2017 12:27 PM CST
>(I'm assuming you didn't include your spell training or I'd question the HP ranks

Yeah, I'm up to 404 in spells. I was considering eventually training in more spells for RP purposes, but was worried about any redux. I boosted the HP a bit ago though because I keep frying my nerves with Sigils >_<

>PS If you'd asked before joining GoS, my advice would have been: Don't join.

Haha! I've actually had a lot of fun. Admittedly, it is easier with a partner or group. I've been warcamping with a capped character too, so that's been a lot of crazy 17 level uphunting.

>60 ranks armor is too low for hauberk. (80 to train off manoever, 70 to train off RT penalties, or stick to AsG 15)

Ah, yes I meant to mention that. I just got the hauberk and have gradually been adding on the ranks.

>Dervish is the Cman that allows a bit of extra ambush on multiple foes for a TWC user, but you need MOC ranks as a pre-req. You'll also need MOC if you want to attack several foes by Mstrike (probably not a good idea with daggers). It's a lot of TPs to get right now but I suspect you'd want Dervish eventually.

Yes, was looking at this route but wasn't sure about it. I had moved my 2x ambush to start converting to go this way, but yeah, MOC is expensive! As far as Divert, I had it when I got rid of silent strike the first time I came back to GS in 2014. When I moved her to daggers last year, I went back to silent strike. I was only occasionally using divert.

Thanks for your help, both of you!

~Kayse's figment of her imagination.

Some townspeople wander by, looking twice at Kayse and Rowmi, shaking their heads, then wandering off.
Re: Help with training please! 01/18/2017 02:44 AM CST
You won't be legging many giants with a dagger. However, an axe is also OHE, and will work nicely for legging things. You could take off a leg with an axe swing, then switch to a dagger to go for the eye.

Also, if you master sweep in the guild you can knock down most things your own level. It's probably your best guild combat skill.
Divert is decent, I use it in the Bowels.

Redux is meaningless if you don't get hit. And you won't lose much if you train hard in PF and just get a few extra spells. I'm 2.5X in PF and up to 410 right now. Good armor helps; I have 6x HCP Hauberk, and rarely take more than a minor.
Re: Help with training please! 01/23/2017 02:46 PM CST
I'm at 120/430 in spells and redux hasn't been a problem in dcp brig. Taking a hit to a destroyer only yields rank 1 injuries when they sunder my shield and toss me in offensive. Spells are the best!

The shadows are always the number one defense for a rogue though.

410 is a life changer too.