dexterity 01/20/2015 12:13 AM CST
Just curious what dexterity affects, especially as pertains to rogues. The docs are a bit vague and incomplete. There is, for example, no mention of the fact that dexterity directly impacts spell aiming. It does suggest that good dexterity helps with things like lockpicking, but no mention of how important it is. How about evading blows? Does it affect dodge skill?

I'm a half elf with dexterity of 100 (bonus 35). I recently found an enhancive in a box that added 3 to this stat; so I now have a dexterity of 103 (bonus 36). How much, if at all, will this aid my lockpicking skill? Dodge?

"For the female of the species
is more deadly than the male".

Re: dexterity 01/20/2015 02:55 AM CST

I'm not sure about dodge, I thought that was agility. But as for locks and traps I believe you can expect to get the stat bonus.
Re: dexterity 01/20/2015 04:22 AM CST
>Just curious what dexterity affects, especially as pertains to rogues. The docs are a bit vague and incomplete. There is, for example, no mention of the fact that dexterity directly impacts spell aiming. It does suggest that good dexterity helps with things like lockpicking, but no mention of how important it is. How about evading blows? Does it affect dodge skill?

>I'm a half elf with dexterity of 100 (bonus 35). I recently found an enhancive in a box that added 3 to this stat; so I now have a dexterity of 103 (bonus 36). How much, if at all, will this aid my lockpicking skill? Dodge? -- Throgg

Dexterity is a major factor in lockpicking and disarming success. It is not a factor in evading attacks AFAIK.

Lock picking formula:

((Picking Locks skill + Dexterity bonus) * Pick modifier)) + lock difficulty + d100 roll.

Note: A 38 dex bonus with a vaalin lockpick (2.5 mod) will add 95 to the endroll. It will be a larger value when used in conjunction with lore.

Disarming traps:

Helps - Disarm skill, Dexterity bonus, Lucksong (helps your luck), Traplore, Self Control, good lighting, "modding down"

Other systems affected by dexterity (not a complete list):

Parry DS
Shield DS
Ranged weapons
Critical weighting
Spell aiming
Skinning
Roundtime
Thrown weapons
TWC
Pickpocketing

Mark
Re: dexterity 01/20/2015 04:36 AM CST
Parry and block, but not dodge (thats AGI)

There's a list on the wiki

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Dexterity

follow the links for the formulas. (in the region of 3 on your potential record lock, 1 on trap, 0.5 on defensive stance DS but going from 35 to 36 rounding works for you so might well be 2)