Been away a while, could use some help/suggestions... 06/13/2014 03:42 AM CDT
I stopped playing in the mid 90's... apparently some time about 7 or 8 years ago, I started playing again for like a week, but didn't get into it much.... but enough to I think, update my character somehow. Not sure I knew what I was doing at the time. Getting back into it now, and enjoying it...(if I can find people to actually RP with, heh).

Could use some suggestions, ideas and/or corrections. I want to be able to hunt my level and a little above. I want to be able to pick/disarm well above my level. I want to maybe get up to EWave and possibly some spirit spells... the spells portion is a total aside though. I know when it was still GS3 I was casting up to 414 and 107, picking my own boxes and those well above my level, and hunt my level and little above. It doesn't seem like I can do that anymore. Spells are a luxury for this character, so I'm not worried about them beyond what I have already.

Also, any help with stats. Some of my stats are close to maxing out. Would it be worth it to change them around some and put those points elsewhere in order to round out all the lower stats?

My character at the moment is 43. I'm wearing brig, wielding a war-axe and I think a med/small shield. I'm ok with brig at the moment, i've heard pro's and con's for going higher than brig. I don't think I want to go much higher though.

Skills:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 122 31
Shield Use.........................| 165 65
Combat Maneuvers...................| 145 45
Edged Weapons......................| 188 88
Ambush.............................| 186 86
Physical Fitness...................| 165 65
Dodging............................| 186 86
Arcane Symbols.....................| 50 10
Harness Power......................| 50 10
Disarming Traps....................| 207 107
Picking Locks......................| 207 107
Stalking and Hiding................| 186 86
Perception.........................| 186 86
Climbing...........................| 140 40
Swimming...........................| 140 40

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 6
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

341 days remain until the annual FIXSKILLS is to be granted, on 05/20/2015.

You started this migration period on Thursday, 6/12/2014 at 04:51:57 EDT. You have 29 days, 0 hours, 33 minutes remaining in your current 30 day migration period.

You're currently migrating at a rate of .010 skill points per pulse, and have converted 1.330 training points this migration period.

Spell Ranks:
Minor Elemental :6

Stats: Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 94 (22) ... 94 (22)
Constitution (CON): 87 (13) ... 87 (13)
Dexterity (DEX): 95 (32) ... 95 (32)
Agility (AGL): 88 (24) ... 88 (24)
Discipline (DIS): 87 (8) ... 87 (8)
Aura (AUR): 91 (30) ... 91 (30)
Logic (LOG): 82 (16) ... 82 (16)
Intuition (INT): 71 (15) ... 71 (15)
Wisdom (WIS): 72 (16) ... 72 (16)
Influence (INF): 46 (-7) ... 46 (-7)

Influence... no clue what that does. I remember swimming/climbing to be useful up to a certain point, after that they became less useful. Is that still the case? I think I had arcane symbols for scarabs... but I don't know how much I need to reliable disarm them.
Re: Been away a while, could use some help/suggestions... 06/13/2014 11:12 AM CDT
You're skills although not completely rounded don't look bad to me. 45 is your 1x training goal, 90 2x, and 135 is 3x. You could likely trim shield use and PF down to 1x in order to free up points for other skills. If brig is as far as you want to go in armor that is perfectly fine and you should get rid of that extra armor rank. Ambush is another place you may want to shave some points off of for other areas. You can probably get by with just 1.5x or maybe even 1x, I know other people have. The 40/40 climb swim you have is plenty for now, you may want more later for getting you and your loot safely out of the rift, nelemar, or somewhere else. You probably don't really need the AS for scarabs any more or maybe only 5 ranks instead of the 10 you have if you don't really use them for anything else.

You'll want to look into combat maneuvers and shield maneuvers. The cman and shield commands should get you started there if you haven't used them already.

If you have free stat changes I'd definitely suggest you use them before they expire and set yourself up for growth. For rogues the biggest use for influence that I know of is divert, your influence bonus is added directly to it. Quite a few rogues make good use of it, if you can play around with it a little see if you like it. You may not want to have it right now with your limited points but it would be good to plan for later.