shield help 05/11/2014 03:33 PM CDT
Just curious what direction to take with shield training. So far, I have the following:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Small Shield Focus sfocus 3
Deflection Training dtraining 2
Deflect the Elements deflect 2

I have 6 shield points saved up. I was considering shield brawl, since I use UAC a lot, but I figured I wasn't getting much hindrance since I was aiming from ambush which is pretty effective as is. Shield bash? If I want to knock things down I am training in sweep via the guild. I was pretty much decided to save up for the third rank of deflect elements, when I read the info on steady shield. I already have the needed 20 ranks of stun maneuvers via the guild. The big question is ... what are my chances, percentage wise, of blocking when stunned if I don't have this skill at all, and how much will my chances be improved (re percent chance) if I go for this skill? Basically, I'm asking for a cost vs benefit analysis, since going for the 2 ranks of this skill will significantly delay my getting the third rank of deflect elements.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."