Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Claid or lance? 03/27/2013 05:23 PM CDT
To be more precise, cost of THW and CM skills for a cleric are 10/3 and 10/6 TPs per rank, while an empath pays 13/3 and 12/8. Assuming 101 ranks of each skill, the empath has spent an extra 505 PTPs and 202 MTPs to achieve the same level of proficiency. Clearly the empath is supposed to be penalized more than the cleric for going the physical route.

But ... hold on ... the empath has not one but two professional circle spells that add to melee AS, and the bonuses are capped only by level. You could argue that by this logic, the empath is being encouraged to use melee weapons. Ummm, sending mixed messages much, are we?

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: Claid or lance? 03/27/2013 05:35 PM CDT
>But ... hold on ... the empath has not one but two professional circle spells that add to melee AS, and the bonuses are capped only by level. You could argue that by this logic, the empath is being encouraged to use melee weapons. Ummm, sending mixed messages much, are we?
Throgg

Empaths (and clerics to a lesser extent) are encouraged to train every which way they want to and succeed. Without giving up much, if anything.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's paid attention to how the professions(s) have evolved since GS3.

-farmer
Re: Claid or lance? 03/27/2013 05:55 PM CDT
>>But ... hold on ... the empath has not one but two professional circle spells that add to melee AS, and the bonuses are capped only by level.

This is false, the bonus from 1130 is capped by empath ranks at level but the bonus from 1109 is just a flat +15.
Re: Claid or lance? 03/28/2013 05:15 PM CDT
>>the bonus from 1109 is just a flat +15.<<

Good catch; for some reason I had thought the AS and DS bonuses from 1109 worked the same. OK, then 1109 is more analagous to 307; both AS buffs are capped. 307 might be a bit better, even, since it can affect a group. OK, still leaves the cleric a bit short though, with no real equivalent to 1130.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page