Stats for leveling 08/06/2018 07:31 PM CDT
Have a young bard nearing lvl 20. I am wondering what the optimal stat placement would be for a two-handed or polearm using bard. Meaning I will get a fix-stat potion before capping, if I ever make it there. In the mean time what would be a good placement for lvls 20-90 to make the leveling easier, faster and possibly more enjoyable. Eventually when I have enough mana not to feel the pinch I'll switch to sonic weapon, but for now I'm using regular weapons. Appreciate any advice, here is what I started with at 0 to make the first 20 lvls easier, but I imagine the tanked stats will start biting me in the butt before long if I don't balance them a bit.

R>info start
Level 0 Stats for Celros, Elf Bard

Strength (STR): 90
Constitution (CON): 70
Dexterity (DEX): 75
Agility (AGI): 90
Discipline (DIS): 70
Aura (AUR): 65
Logic (LOG): 100
Intuition (INT): 20
Wisdom (WIS): 20
Influence (INF): 60
Re: Stats for leveling 08/15/2018 11:10 AM CDT
Just about to hit 20 sometime this evening.

Looking for advice on stat placement for fast leveling. My plan is to get a fixstat potion later down the road when I get closer to cap, but to have the best stats now that won't cripple me in the intermediate levels between now and when I eventually Fixstat.

Elf Bard
Polearms (until around lvl 70 or so when I'll switch to pure.)

Starting Stats
Str - 80
Con - 70
Dex - 72
Agi - 79
Aur - 70
Dis - 78
Log - 98
Int - 20
Wis - 53
Inf - 60

That would give me at lvl 20:
Str - 86 (18)
Con - 75 (12)
Dex - 82 (21)
Agi - 85 (32)
Dis - 81 (0)
Aur - 80 (20)
Log - 100 (25)
Int - 35 (-7)
Wis - 62 (6)
Inf - 73 (21)

That would give me decent Str for swinging weapons, enough Agi/Dex bonus to swing a lance in 5sec, and fastest possible absorption of exp.

Is there anything I should consider changing that might make the character unplayable or difficult as I get higher levels?

Thanks.
Re: Stats for leveling 08/15/2018 03:27 PM CDT
Modest suggestion -

as an elf, you might want to steal a few points from AGI to lend towards your magical stats. And, you might want to consider moving a few points from LOG (I get the whole 'fastest possible exp absorption') and tune in so LOG = 100 @ 50 levels.

That could help either your INF (and songs) or your INT score.

Doug
Re: Stats for leveling 08/15/2018 03:44 PM CDT
I'm a huge fan of INFluence. Getting those extra few points means your bonus is higher, so your medley lasts longer, so you spend less mana.
Or your Lullabye is that much more effective.

Sure, it grows fast. But there's a lot to be said for having it "good" to begin with, too.
(Truth in advertising requires that I admit to having done a FixStat at 86th level, myself, to benefit from spreading some points around but getting--overall--higher stats for that cap range.)