TWC Bard 09/27/2015 08:16 AM CDT

Couple questions as a new bard.

I'm wanting to do TWC/OHE - actually I really want to do TWC/katars but cannot find the points.

So, had a question as far as training related to that plan. Is it more important to fit in the extras (swimming, climbing, perception) or to make sure and be 2Xed in TWC.

This is my current training at level 9.
Gaeldemar (at level 9), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 93 21
Armor Use..........................| 50 10
Combat Maneuvers...................| 50 10
Edged Weapons......................| 96 22
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 25 5
Physical Fitness...................| 50 10
Dodging............................| 25 5
Harness Power......................| 45 9
Elemental Lore - Air...............| 50 10

Spell Lists
Bard...............................| 9
Training Points: 9 Phy 0 Mnt (18 Phy converted to Mnt)
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

Any recommendations to alter would be great (just turned 9)

Also, my 30 days are up in the next week or so, so recommended stat placement would be appreciated. I've noodled around with the GS stat cruncher but want to see how off the mark I am. Looking for level 40-50 or so in reality as this toon will not be my main.
Re: TWC Bard 09/27/2015 08:22 AM CDT
Perception is nice if you can find the points. Climb and swim can mostly wait. I would not bother adding them until you find a hunting ground you want to get into that requires it. My advice would be to focus on the combat stuff and hunt in easy to get to places for the first 30-80 levels.

You will need to give a race to help people come up with some suggested starting stats.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: TWC Bard 09/27/2015 10:28 AM CDT
Elf...suppose that helps.

That was my plan, to focus on the combat end and worry about the aux stuff later down the road.
Re: TWC Bard 09/27/2015 10:58 AM CDT
You may find yourself waiting a long time for the extra training points to spend on aux. skills with this particular training path especially if you decided to add in brawling so you can use katars. You will likely have to learn the various lore and skill rank thresholds for things like armor and lore to make this plan as viable as possible at any given time in your progression.

Air lore is great, it makes your sonic weapon flare twice more frequently, but starting out I think you'll get more bang for your training if you focus on telepathy lore, it increases your renewal times, and adds to 1007's AS boost. If you aren't using your sonic gear yet the air lore is kind of wasted early on. You want to aim for 30 ranks by the time you learn 1035, imho. Sonic weapons flare alot even with no air lore so you won't be cheating yourself too much in delaying getting started on air lore training. I think 15 or 18 ranks of telepathy lore gets you +4 or +5 AS from 1007 and should increase your song duration by 30+ seconds which will help with conserving mana over the long haul.

Armor I'd suggest trying to stay in double leathers (only need 8 ranks) until about 30 to 40 trains then switch up to brigandine (30 ranks), this should free up some physical points from armor use and you can put those towards learning two weapon combat and edged weapons.

Swimming is not a needed skill starting out, if you have to pick between climb or swim, definitely go with climbing, 20 ranks should get you into most places for a long time.

Perception is great I always recommend 1xing it, but get whatever you can for spotting hidden trails and whatnot.

Good luck,
Archales