lance vs awl-pike 07/18/2015 06:18 AM CDT
I always wanted a lance because it seems to be the most powerful weapon for polearms. I can purchase a awl-pike from player shops for a much cheaper price - 70k difference. From what I can see is the big difference is with skin otherwise they are very close in numbers. My question is this is there any other factors that make the lance better than the awl-pike?
Re: lance vs awl-pike 07/18/2015 10:20 AM CDT
The two generally are very close in numbers. Lances are preferred simply because they are 'slightly' better in most instances between higher or equal ADV's in general and higher or equal DFs against everything but brig. If breakage were ever put back into place pikes do have higher numbers in that regard but that is their only distinct advantage. All in all the differences really are small and if lances are the strongest weapon in game, there is a strong case to be made that awl-pikes are the second.

Tal.
Re: lance vs awl-pike 07/18/2015 11:16 AM CDT
Provided your weapon is blessed you can use charge on quite a few undead creatures. I agree with much of what has already been said about choosing lance vs. awl-pike. I find the difference in AvD's and DF completely negligible for my hunting, but awl-pikes do weigh about half as much as a lance and imho have better alternate noun choices for alterations.

Archales
Re: lance vs awl-pike 07/18/2015 02:03 PM CDT
Lances schmances. Pfft. We don't need no stinking lances...

~ GtG