a little help 07/02/2015 06:09 PM CDT
decided to play an elven bard, currently level 9, have about 3 days left to adjust stats. i'm not looking for perfect stats at 100, i'm looking for middle of the road, some room to grow, but not too difficult for the time being.

Stats: Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 64 (7) ... 64 (7)
Constitution (CON): 62 (6) ... 62 (6)
Dexterity (DEX): 64 (12) ... 64 (12)
Agility (AGL): 64 (22) ... 64 (22)
Discipline (DIS): 81 (0) ... 81 (0)
Aura (AUR): 64 (12) ... 64 (12)
Logic (LOG): 81 (15) ... 81 (15)
Intuition (INT): 81 (15) ... 81 (15)
Wisdom (WIS): 54 (2) ... 54 (2)
Influence (INF): 74 (22) ... 74 (22)

Armor Use..........................| 50 10
Combat Maneuvers...................| 54 11
Polearm Weapons....................| 96 22
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 15 3
Physical Fitness...................| 54 11
Harness Power......................| 54 11
Elemental Mana Control.............| 30 6
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 54 11
Survival...........................| 10 2
Perception.........................| 20 4
Climbing...........................| 5 1
First Aid..........................| 30 6

spells 401
songs 1001-1010

i know i need to start adding in dodge soon, but other than that not sure if there is something i'm lacking

cam
Re: a little help 07/02/2015 06:57 PM CDT
Stats are a personal thing. Where to draw what lines is never an easy task and is almost always a matter of personal preference. The only thing that stands on for them is the fact that you wont be swinging a lance in 5 for a veeeery long time. But that said if you view your character as a Vaalorn spearman it really doesn't matter. If you end up needing to tank something intuition is the generally accepted choice for bards, with logic being a close second in my own mind (that is purely a personal opinion).

As for skills you look pretty good. I would consider dodge a 'core' skill as opposed to elemental share, first aid, survival, or MOC. But with a pole build points are going to be tight for a long time no matter how you do it and you will have to decide what your own priorities are. Nothing else is lacking for core skills, though you will need to decide where extra points are going as you level up.

Armor doubles for chain faster, FA/survival for skinning, trading for profit, MIU to use imbeds, there is no wrong answer. I like to make short term goals such as spend 5-10 trains working on 24 ranks of MIU, then getting the next tier of trading, then 10 ranks of PP cause I hate being robbed, etc. This way every few levels I feel like I have successfully rounded my bard out more as opposed to just more of the exact same skills forever.

Outside of the core combat skills, what appeals the most to you?

Also, have you allocated your CMAN points?

Tal.
Re: a little help 07/02/2015 08:09 PM CDT

as stats go, i wouldn't mind a bit more strength, but not sure what i would drop to boost it, logic and intuition are where they are for exp.

swinging a lance in 5 seconds is not a priority.

first aid and survival are for skinning( not enough yet to be good, but working toward it), because as a f2p account i rarely find treasure.

emc is for mana regen and being able to share.

moc is to help with swarming critters, i wanted a few ranks before i started going with dodge.

cmans i went with
Combat Movement cmovement 2
Side by Side sidebyside 1

cam
Re: a little help 07/02/2015 08:34 PM CDT
Intuition is not involved in exp. Only logic and Discipline. It does affect a few systems though including DS and activating magical items. The wiki has a good list. I actually tanked CON. But I am pure and GoS did not even exist when I made that choice to be a consideration.

Does F2P not suffer in any way for skinning? Genuine question here as it isn't a system I have much experience with.

EMCs regen is small. 1 mana per pulse for every 10 ranks as you have it now. I would not consider that an important point in and of itself. If you are hunting with an elementalist though sending can easily be worth it all on its own.

Getting to a cut off your happy with in MOC and other skills and then catching up dodge is perfectly viable. Just don't let dodge get too far behind unless you can reliably spell tank. 1005ing one target while you kill a second one, or simply walking away from swarms, can both be under rated and are usable alternatives. The duration on a deep sleep 1005 result is longer than you might expect.

Safe to say you are usually in a group to take advantage of side by side? One way or another you may want to switch skills over to trip/charge before the fast migration period is over with just to play around with them. If they don't appeal you can always switch them back (nearly) instantly.

That's about all I have for thoughts though. If its working out well for you now there isn't much reason to move things around too far.

Tal.
Re: a little help 07/05/2015 02:14 PM CDT

thanks for your help, i made a few changes and hopefully i will be happy with them.

maybe it was back in gs3 that int affected exp?

cam