Indigogo Pricing Feedback 07/01/2018 09:34 AM CDT
I’d like to discuss pricing for the Indigogo perks. As you know, last year the perks rolled up meaning the higher-level purchases also included the lower level items. This meant that the auction perk felt like a great value, and made me feel appreciated as an attendee. If I didn’t win a good auction item, I could still walk away feeling like the whole package made it worthwhile.

This year I confess the pricing changes make me feel like I’m being nickel and dimed, which frankly bums me out. A $60 increase over what I paid last year is a lot to stomach.

In my mind $75 is a hefty fee to pay for the privilege of purchasing an item on top of whatever reserves and silver bids may be in place. I am concerned that the item I end up with won’t be worth this increased cost. To me it feels like a gamble, and so I am considering refunding my perk.

My request is that you could perhaps reconsider including the basic goodie bag purchase with the auction perk. This would help alleviate my buyer’s remorse. Barring that, I’m hoping you can provide some additional context around the planned value of auction items. I am not really a high-end gear person, I’m just hoping to walk away with a fun item (I LOVE my custom Major Sanctuary).

Of course I do understand the purpose of this campaign is to cover the cost of the actual convention. If there are concerns that expenses will not be covered, I do believe that we as a community would step up to make sure you’re not operating this at a loss.

I appreciate many of the changes being made this year. I felt it was a great thing to delay the Indigogo campaign until after the scripted item had been QC’d. I also appreciate that all auction wins will be account attuned. This helps assure that the items will end up in the hands of the people who really want them, instead of people bidding with the purpose of reselling.

Palvella and team I know you are working hard to take good care of us, and I want you to know that I greatly appreciate you. I thank you for hearing me out, and I look forward to seeing you and sharing in some revelry in August. It’s going to be a great convention.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Indigogo Pricing Feedback 07/01/2018 11:04 AM CDT

>A $60 increase over what I paid last year is a lot to stomach.

$30 is for a t-shirt and mug. if you can live without those, that's $30.
Re: Indigogo Pricing Feedback 07/01/2018 11:39 AM CDT
> $30 is for a t-shirt and mug. if you can live without those, that's $30.

And that's still a $30 increase from where we were at last year.
Re: Indigogo Pricing Feedback 07/01/2018 11:39 AM CDT
$30 is still a 40% increase, which is a lot. As discussed on the discord server, my personal recommendation is to add the digital goodie bag items to the auction perk, and then create a new perk for just the badge plus swag option.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Indigogo Pricing Feedback 07/01/2018 11:49 AM CDT

>And that's still a $30 increase from where we were at last year.

I'm just pointing out it's easy to save $30. the t-shirts didn't even come in women's fit. I get why they changed it, it brings it more in line with a pay event. I hope you guys get more details on the items and it's a lot less disorganized.
Re: Indigogo Pricing Feedback 07/01/2018 11:59 AM CDT
Buyer's remorse for the auction tier is now very real. People could very realistically walk away with nothing but a simple enchant that will possibly bind the item to the account. Without an auction list to see, it very much is a gamble - you are paying $75 for a CHANCE to win something, and then you have to pay more in silver! At least before, when you paid $75, you knew you were getting the goodie bag items plus the swag. Now it's a total gamble and continues to feed the nickel and diming gambling that has been going on for quite some time. This is a huge turn off. Simu keeps saying "oh this isn't gambling", but then things like this happen that directly contradict that statement. I keep trying to not let it affect me, but it's getting harder and harder when stupid ideas like this keep coming out.
Re: Indigogo Pricing Feedback 07/01/2018 05:22 PM CDT

I am sad and frustrated about the change as well. i had my credit card out transfered money from paypal and
then saw it was changed. I haven't purchased yet now!