SimuCon 2017 Indiegogo 06/06/2017 11:14 AM CDT
Hi everyone!

We've set up the Indiegogo campaign for this year's SimuCon: https://igg.me/at/simucon2017

You can also check out our Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/465353620477020/

I've 'streamlined' the perks a bit. This year, if you are planning on attending, but can't afford a badge, just send me an e-mail and if we have extra badges I'll print one off for you, free of charge. ;) We're also changing the SimuCon Auction a bit - any items or services applied to items won this year will be bound to the account that purchased the perk/item.

We WILL be doing Lemp Mansion again this year! It will be Sunday morning at ~11:30am, and the cost for meal+drink+tax+tip is $28. You can pay me in cash at the convention, or you can Paypal it over to GS4-Zythica@play.net. If you're planning on having a car, please let me know so we can organize a carpool.

--Zythica
Re: SimuCon 2017 Indiegogo 06/06/2017 11:42 AM CDT
Do we have to actually attend to purchase the auction pass perk? I don't really care about a tshirt, but would like to participate in that since I am not coming.
Re: SimuCon 2017 Indiegogo 06/06/2017 12:09 PM CDT

Hi, I think the settings are messed up for the Auction level. The page is trying to require mew to select BOTH of the tee shirt size drop-downs:

Size 2XL - 4XL: select one
Size S - XL: select one
Re: SimuCon 2017 Indiegogo 06/06/2017 12:41 PM CDT
Curious about the auction participation for non-attendees as well, possibly via RadioFreeSimucon, assuming it's going to happen again this year. (Hope so, it's always entertaining!)

Also, I'm pretty sure non-attendees can purchase the goodie bags, correct? Can I purchase more than one?
Re: SimuCon 2017 Indiegogo 06/06/2017 12:41 PM CDT
Yes, you must be present to claim any perk except Goodie Bag. So auction is for in-person attendees only.

And yea, I'm aware of the IGG t-shirt issue. I'm talking to them right now about fixing it, since I can't edit it on my own.

--Zythica
Re: SimuCon 2017 Indiegogo 06/06/2017 08:58 PM CDT

I see that the auction perk has sold out, I dont think it was limited last year. Is there any possibility of adding more perks for the auction? Thanks!
Re: SimuCon 2017 Indiegogo 06/06/2017 11:59 PM CDT
As I posted over in the SimuCon forums, I believe there may have been some confusion for first-time buyers this year.

So last year, we only sold like ~25 auction slots beforehand, and 3 more purchased at Con. This was when the years previous we had maxed out at 20. We decided to limit it to 30 this year because last year we were scrambling to approve new items/services in time for Con. So selling at 30 (actually 29, someone refunded by IGG doesn't update the item count when that happens?!) in the first evening is...strange.

I believe that there may be confusion somewhere. As described on our Indiegogo page, for any tier outside of the Goodie Bag tier, you must be physically present to redeem. You must be attending SimuCon to bid in the auction for auction-quality items (we do usually have some 'fun' items which are open to bidding from RadioFree SimuCon), and like every other year, it is only ONE auction win per person. I will admit that I did not re-specify that in my post, so I do apologize for that.

We had to add the account attunement this year, but I didn't think to announce that beforehand. In this case, it will be the account you purchased the perk for (that you buy the item on/redeem the Goodie Bag on).

If you've bought a perk you can't use, given the above, please shoot me an e-mail at my PLAY.NET account to get it sorted out. Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

--Zythica