SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/16/2015 09:48 AM CDT
Greetings, all,

SimuCon 2015 will be at the Sheraton Westport again this year. If you're thinking about attending, please take a moment and vote in our poll to let us know what dates work best for you. You can select multiple dates, so select each one that works for you. More information will be coming in the near future!

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll263649xe01241bc-10

GameMaster Estild
Re: SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/16/2015 03:14 PM CDT
To be clear: the 'Sheraton Westport' is the tower, which is connected directly to the courtyard on which is located the Drunken Fish, thus permitting access to same withOUT walking out getting our precious delicate bodies rained upon, correct?

(To differentiate from the 'Sheraton Chalet Westport', which is the Swiss-chalet-looking-thingie, across the outdoor courtyard of shops, which does allow one to be wetted upon by the cruel uncaring skies.)
Re: SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/16/2015 03:49 PM CDT
KRAKII
To be clear: the 'Sheraton Westport' is the tower, which is connected directly to the courtyard on which is located the Drunken Fish, thus permitting access to same withOUT walking out getting our precious delicate bodies rained upon, correct?
(To differentiate from the 'Sheraton Chalet Westport', which is the Swiss-chalet-looking-thingie, across the outdoor courtyard of shops, which does allow one to be wetted upon by the cruel uncaring skies.)

In all actuality, the "tower" is actually the Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel. However, I was intentionally generic in my statement since depending on the dates, we are at one location or the other. :)

GameMaster Estild
Re: SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/16/2015 04:09 PM CDT
I haven't responded to the poll--because I may or may not be able to attend, as the last several years (although it is a multiple-of-5 year, so I am scheduled to win the Settlers tourney again...)--but my vote would be for the Tower [for convenience to the Drunken Fish), but the Chalet (for ambiance and suitable table surfaces for Settlers in the lobby.

Given that the Drunken Fish has limited hours of operation, but the Settlers-playing NEVER stops... clearly, we need to be at the Chalet. <nod>
Re: SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/16/2015 05:19 PM CDT

uhmm, I don't think we played Settlers last year.
-OR-
I missed it.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/16/2015 06:28 PM CDT
Well, I wasn't there last year, so that's totally understandable. :)

We went out with friends yesterday and their little girls (now, ages 4 and 2) at one point were both on my lap looking at the Samsung tablet with the 'Catan' app (from USM) running. Just can't get 'em started too young, knowwhatimean?

And thinking about that reminded me of the post from a 'Con some years ago... where Mikos' daughter sidled up to us to let us know that she just won her first game of Settlers. At the time, I think she was about 5 or 6.

Given that that was probably ten-or-a-dozen years ago, she's probably graduating High School/starting college soon.

<grumble>

I'm getting old.
Re: SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/16/2015 08:36 PM CDT
Might make it this year. I think I picked the later July date that was running 2nd to August.
Re: SimuCon 2015 Dates Poll 03/23/2015 01:16 PM CDT
Sweet. I voted "put it off as far as possible, because I'm poor and maybe options will crop up."

60% of people agreed!

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes