SGE connection issues 12/08/2010 10:18 PM CST
Hey guys. I am trying to get the SGE set up and I am having the same issue repeatedly. I am trying to run SGE/launcher/stormfront off of my flash drive, but everytime the game is about to launch I get an error saying "Unable to determine launcher path - Please reinstall launcher from http://software.play.net. This has worked on my home computer, but for some reason SGE doesnt recognize the Launcher when I use the drive in another computer. I have tried using portableapps, and various other flash drive programs and none have changed anything. Anyone have any ideas how I could fix this? Thanks
Re: SGE connection issues 12/16/2010 10:13 AM CST
Our software was not designed to run 100% off a flash drive, this is why you're running into problems. Yes, you can install the programs to a flash drive and it will work, but you can't then take that to another computer and expect to plug it in and have it work. This is because we use the registry to know if and where you've installed our applications. We also store data under the user's appdata directory(Microsoft's design). This is why it says it is "Unable to determine launcher path" on the other computer because you haven't installed it on the other computer.

If you want it to work you'll need to install on every computer you intend to use it on, there isn't really any up side to trying to put the app itself on the flash drive either, as it doesn't use much space. The settings(scripts, macros) are stored under the user's appdata, so you're not even getting that. If you have StormFront set to store server side it will attempt to pull down the settings if you don't have them and keep them insync between computers.

Hope this helps.

Myke
Re: SGE connection issues 12/17/2010 09:23 AM CST
There is software that will capture the install and virtualize it from a thumb drive.

Look for:

Cameyo
VMware thinapp
Mojopack

One of these should work, try Cameyo first as it seems to be free.