SGE character list order 06/27/2016 03:49 PM CDT
Is there a way to organize the character list order on the SGE from the user end? I would like to prioritize my minions if I could... or at least alphabetize. It would work wonders for my OCD!

- Thank you
Re: SGE character list order 06/27/2016 04:41 PM CDT
Sadly, I'ma have to say this isn't possible without recoding the SGE to sort. It wouldn't be difficult, but it would require a code change. Slightly more challenging would be to allow a user specified order (rather than just sorting), and still would require a code change.

I did a bit of poking around both on how the account structure is set up, and on how that account structure is displayed across multiple access points (web, SGE, Lich). I can see why the order is sorting the way it is.

On the web - alphabetical
Lich - bundled by type (created on account then transferred to account in reverse order)
SGE - bundled by type (created then transferred in forward order)

Note that the 'created / transferred' lines refer in no way to the actual character's name, so the software doesn't even look at it when building the view (list). Of course, with Lich this would be trivial (since we have the source code. ;)

Doug
Re: SGE character list order 06/27/2016 06:39 PM CDT
>Sadly, I'ma have to say this isn't possible without recoding the SGE to sort. It wouldn't be difficult, but it would require a code change. Slightly more challenging would be to allow a user specified order (rather than just >sorting), and still would require a code change.

>I did a bit of poking around both on how the account structure is set up, and on how that account structure is displayed across multiple access points (web, SGE, Lich). I can see why the order is sorting the way it is.

>On the web - alphabetical
>Lich - bundled by type (created on account then transferred to account in reverse order)
>SGE - bundled by type (created then transferred in forward order)

>Note that the 'created / transferred' lines refer in no way to the actual character's name, so the software doesn't even look at it when building the view (list). Of course, with Lich this would be trivial (since we have the >source code. ;)

>Doug

Thank you for your efforts in this. I definitely appreciate it. I can see that my list of minions follows the sorting pattern you state for the SGE. What's interesting is I rerolled one from my early days (keeping the family name but changing the character name) and it still shows in the slot that the original character resided.

To any coding GM's reading this, please don't waste any effort on this to appease my OCD. That effort would be better spent coding-in UAC gear to drop in the treasure system and the next Duskruin Arena. ;-)
Re: SGE character list order 06/27/2016 07:54 PM CDT
>>What's interesting is I rerolled one from my early days (keeping the family name but changing the character name) and it still shows in the slot that the original character resided.

From a system logic (as it exists) perspective, that makes sense. The 'tag' (that feeds these lists) is created with NEW CHARACTER (or transfer). That tag then remains with that slot - so a reroll (using the same slot) wouldn't change its order in appearance.

Doug