SGE account info migration 03/28/2012 06:04 PM CDT
I've recently gotten a new laptop and was migrating all my preferences over. How can I migrate all the account/password settings from SGE? I've stored all my old accounts and passwords in my old SGE and have long ago forgotten the credentials. Is there a file or something I can just copy over?

~ Aquatriana's Player
Re: SGE account info migration 03/28/2012 09:37 PM CDT
If I'm not mistaken, they're stored in the registry, which makes this problematic. It might be possible, with little real difficulty, to find the right strings, export them, and import them. But it's not straight forward.

While I'd be willing to look at it, and help out -- you'll ultimately want to know what the credentials actually are. Perhaps a call to billing to confirm which email addresses are tied to which accounts and exercising the 'forgot password' feature would ultimately be a healthier activity.

And, as a caution, be aware that if you store your credentials, you increase the possibility of your information getting compromised. Not a great deal, mind you, but enough that you should consider it.

Doug
Re: SGE account info migration 04/08/2012 07:44 PM CDT
You can easily recover all you credentials by calling billing and having the credit card number you use to pay for the accounts on hand.

~James
Player of Septimius