Not All Clerics Want To Raise 03/19/2016 08:35 PM CDT
So, I want to know if anyone else has a cleric that just doesn't really want to raise corpses like mine does. Mostly for the obvious reason of "Hey I'm a Luukosian Zombie a-go-go." does anyone else have clerics that are reluctant to raise?

Da na na na na na na na hero
Da na na na na na na ner ner ner ner
Da na na na na na na na battle

Ahhhhhhh

Da na na na na forces of evil
Da na na na na na na hmm hmm hmm huh
Da na na na na something about a dragon? ~ One-Eyed Doll ~
Re: Not All Clerics Want To Raise 03/20/2016 03:33 AM CDT
I do! I have a dhe'nar Priestess who doesn't raise - she's my anti-Rohese. It's much more fun having her stand on the sidelines and file her fingernails.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Not All Clerics Want To Raise 03/21/2016 09:02 AM CDT
Years ago under GS3, Katie was a big rescuing cleric. Now she's not, but it's really for mechanical reasons.

I dislike dickering about chrisms, I'm not philanthropic enough to want to give them away to strangers and also think that makes it much harder for younger clerics who want to raise and are BUYING chrisms, I cringe when I go after someone I know and some cleric is there saying, "Beat you!" as if it's some vulture race, the screen scroll of invasion raising makes my head spin, and, well, it all just makes me grumpy.

Therefore, from an RP perspective, Katie considers raising to be an intimate experience and prefers to conduct the ritual only for those with whom she is personally familiar.

Life is short, so tell someone today that you love them. But shout it loudly in Faendryl, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
Re: Not All Clerics Want To Raise 03/21/2016 09:13 PM CDT
<I dislike dickering about chrisms, I'm not philanthropic enough to want to give them away to strangers and also think that makes it much harder for younger clerics who want to raise and are BUYING chrisms,>

I solved this problem by just not bothering with chrisms. If someone needing a raise has a chrism holder or someone else hands me one, I'll use it, but otherwise they just get a raise without even being asked about chrisms. Of course, it helps that both of my clerics are in RR and can't create chrisms yet. A time or two I've had people say they'd rather wait for a chrism, but usually folk in RR are just glad they can get a raise, chrism or not.

Honestly, it annoys me when clerics (usually outside RR) whisper to me that they'll use one for 10-20k. I don't really care if one's used and it feels like I'm being charged for a raise, which REALLY rubs me the wrong way when none of my characters have EVER charged for the services they provide (and I seriously doubt any cleric has lost as much silver making chrisms as my locksmith has buying lockpicks, mastering LM, and paying fines over the years).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Not All Clerics Want To Raise 03/22/2016 11:15 PM CDT
I have a cleric of Goseana who does not like to raise. He always ends up doing the raise, but it often involves a lot of grumbling.

As to the chrism issue, I only use them on characters I know. Otherwise, unless the corpse can provide one, he or she can choose between being raised without a chrism or staying dead.

My own characters all carry chrisms, but I only ask to use them if I really have a full head. Recouping a little experience is not that big of a deal to me.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Not All Clerics Want To Raise 03/28/2016 09:44 AM CDT
Well Ary has always been a rescuing cleric, although when certain other clerics are in game I don't even bother because they will undoubtedly be there first, and they never share bodies.

I do have another who isn't old enough to raise yet, but the intentions are that they would prefer to kill people than raise them. Basically wants the cleric spells but act like a jerk paladin (picked Goseana because Onar seemed too cliche.)

But I agree with the whole chrism debacle.... people don't realize what they are really worth. I don't charge for them and I seem to have a hard time finding pure gems, once or twice I broke down and picked some up because I was clean out, but I dislike buying them ready made- because I feel chrism making is sort of a intimate thing as well...

If I rescue someone in the Rift I will usually ask if they want one. and some people will even say no.....but when you rescue someone in say goblins and they demand a chrism raise or no raise... well yea... it's a forum and Ary doesn't use those kinds of words... It would be much nicer if chrisms could only be used on say level 50+ characters, or those that already have some sting...something to make it less commonplace/expected.

There are only two times I will not raise (though I will LK, I don't let anyone rot if I can help it.)
1.) They are unreponsive, espcially if I don't know them, or have often seen them mindlessly running around (because I will not raise a scripter.)
Though I don't assume that is everyone. I've been guilty of stepping away in a minor/major sanct, to go do something and completely forget I was playing...literally, that just happened two days ago, went to get soemthing, then started cooking... oops I died again :D

2.) They already denied another cleric because they couldn't give them a chrism.